Reptile Forums banner

Drinking Water

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  bradhadair 
#1 ·
Can you give tap water to a bearded dragon? Or do you need to treat the water before you give it to them for drinking. Am a little confused on this!Please help!

#4 ·
I live in a hard water area and have always used it for beardies and water dragons without any problems.

Some people use mineral water, others use treatment drops to kill off the chlorine and boost the calcium.

It's really personal preference, I've never had a problem with tap water. (Now watch someone jump down my throat and tell me I'm wrong!) lol.

: victory:

#6 ·
they dnt tend to drink much anyway i have the luck of having a water filter installed in my fridge which removes all the chemicals but i use tap water if im just spraying the viv it shouldnt do them any harm

#7 ·
think about it logically... they survive drinking water in the wild in the aussie outback, i'm fairly certain it isnt the cleanest, unpolluted, healthiest water available to them, so surely there shouldn't be any problem with tap water?

...waits to get jumped on....

hahaha if ya do i got swine flu!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.