Reptile Forums - View Single Post - a lil bit of help soon
View Single Post
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-08-2009, 08:19 PM
snickers's Avatar
snickers snickers is offline
5 Star Member
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 4,320

try to get green wood.
Strip the bark off to remove most of the critters and any pollution. Scrub them and wash well with a hose pipe. Then leave them for a while to let the wood dry out properly. It takes a couple of weeks+ for the sap to dry out IME.

You can put them in the microwave, bleach them, cook them, pour boiling water over them freeze them. It'll make them a bit cleaner and a bit more sterile bit it's probably unnecessary. I just start using them and haven't had a problem.

holiday cottage in cornwall
2.1 2011 hatchling carpets for sale - pm me if interested
Reply With Quote