Reptile Forums - View Single Post - help! advice needed
View Single Post
Old 19-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Ultra Citizen
Send a message via MSN to gizmossister

My chuckwalla recently laid eggs about a week and a half ago and is still going through the same process. taking her to the vets is a gd idea to check shes not egg bound or retaining any more eggs, sometimes u can feel them but in most cases only when there are alot of eggs left as they are very soft when inside her.
I gave mine a 50:50 water:calcium/vit mix as she will have drained herself laying all the eggs, she will be very tired and sleep alot for the first week or so a full 48hrs after laying, mine has only just started to purk up and u can feed her a veggie blend mix or babyfood in a seringe i just blended her usually veggies to a paste with some extra water and calcium, she probably wont eat by herself for a while i also feed mine wax worms and meal worms which i cut the heads off and put in her mouth and she tends to give them a bit of a chew and swallows if she wants them. due to ur female being so week she wont eat on her own and its usually a gd idea to separate from the male for the first week and then reintroduce which is what i did and she is perking up now and i have seen signs of her eating little bits on her own now my seringe feeding has brought her strength back up.

The vet might tell u to do a similar thing along with any pet shops u may ask, its not unusual to not eat but the pink discharge u r seeing is a bit worrying but could be due to her not eating for so long and consuming her own body fat but check with the vets anyway and take a sample of faeces if possible because they might ask for one.

Hope she is as lucky as mine and gets better this mainly happens after a very first clutch of eggs and what u have been doing so far is brilliant but u need to get her eating again even if u have to help her.

Gdluck if u want to know anything else i have used dnt hesitate to ask.
2.4.11 corn snakes
1.1.0 Ponies
0.2.0 serengetti cats
0.2.0 chickens
0.0.2 marine fish tanks

Male harlequin crested gecko (rescue) with vivarium accessories and light unit 130
Corn smake babies available for sale Amel het anery motley caramel. 20 each