Reptile Forums - View Single Post - A question for all you Leo keepers...
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 03:15 PM
Regular
Send a message via MSN to glazios

Okay, guys. The London date is three weeks yesterday (friday). I reckon it'll be about 4-6 weeks, from now, until I can afford to set up and buy a gecko. TwinPet currently has three Leopard Geckos in-stock, but I haven't been able to get a very good look at them, and the staff aren't being very forthcoming with the age of their livestock or the name of the breeder. I will be sure to insist on viewing any and all geckos before committing to a buy, and will thoroughly inspect whatever they have on the day; if their stock isn't looking too savvy, I'll hold off and either buy from a breeder, or from the classifieds.

Table problem's all wrapped up, Argos to the rescue as usual.

As for my setup to-be, I figure I'm going with the following:
  • Exo Terra PT2602 Viv (30cm x 30cm x 45cm)
  • Exo Terra Leopard Gecko Startup Kit
    - Compact Top
    - ReptiGlo 2.0 bulb
    - Heat Rock
    - Thermometer
    - Feeding Dish
    - Water Dish
    - Reptile Cave
I also have the following care books:
  • The Leopard Gecko Manual (Herp. Library, 2004 Ed.)
  • Pet Owner's Guide to the: Leopard Gecko (Noel & Janet Morgan, 2002)
I know there are other bits and pieces of kit I need; the care books don't detail what I should have, so I'm not too terribly sure what I'm missing; recommendations, anyone? TwinPet are overstocked with the magnetic Reptile Dens in various sizes, so I might also add one of those.

So, what am I missing/overlooking, guys? I feel like, and know, I'm ill-prepared, and they do say knowing is half the battle...

Last edited by glazios; 08-10-2011 at 03:29 PM..