Reptile Forums - View Single Post - A question for all you Leo keepers...
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 05:44 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glazios View Post
Yes, they will be kept in the same habitat, once we bring them home next weekend. I now have a 3ft viv waiting for them, which is a damn-sight bigger than the 2ft I was expecting to get, to be honest, but at least they'll have lots of space...and knowing myself the way I do, lots of space will probably mean lots of company at some point, lol.

I still can't quite get my head around the idea that one of my first pair of Leos will be a Blazing Blizzard.
Don't know how to say it without sounding like i'm trying to burst your bubble, but there are some possible problems with housing them together. Firstly, be absolutely positive, they are both female. I bought a male MHD from a reputable reptile shop and it turned out to be gravid, hence a female. Secondly, have they been together before? Even if they have, chances are they may at some point start fighting. I'd say there's a higher chance for you, as they are different sizes/ages. Trust me, i've not just read it from a website, I speak from experience. If you really want to keep them together, have a spare viv ready in case of fighting, they will need separating and you must have a viv ready. Also, I wouldn't put any more than 2 in there. My Leo's have 2ft of space each, 3ft is not really big enough for more than 2.

Hope you take the advice the way it was intended
Setting up an arboreal vivarium with pictures
PM me and i'll help if I can