Reptile Forums - View Single Post - A question for all you Leo keepers...
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 12:31 AM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glazios View Post
Firstly, thank you for the advice, I;m sure it will come in-handy at some point, and it had already crossed my mind that, due to the age difference between them, they might not immediately chum up.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there's much I can do if they decide they don't like each-other, aside from seperating them; that said, I have neither the money or, more-importantly, the space for a second vivarium, and seperating them by putting one in an Exo-Terra faunarium is the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.

Unless anyone has some further advice, this may be my only recourse should this sort of situation occur. They were bought together, and I really can't ask the shop to take one back, like some tee-shirt that doesn't fit, just because they don't get along - I didn't pay for them, my dad did.

Again, thank you for making me aware of this as a potential problem. I suppose I'll have to have a word with the people at Reptile Cymru about this, see what they can suggest; until then, I'm going to do some in-depth research into a solution that makes best use of the resources I already have. This would be a nightmare scenario, and I can't believe I didn't think of this...

Also, to answer your other question: Yes, I am sure that both are female; Ben (the guy on the counter) checked the geckos in-front of me while we were in the shop when I told them I was specifically looking for females. I coudn't see any pre-anal pores on either gecko.
Not to worry, it is easy to get excited, especially when it's your first! If they do fight, you would have put one in the exo-terra, and prepare to put one up for sale. Unfortunately the exo wouldn't really be suitabe for an adult long-term, and if you don't have the space for a 2nd viv the kindest thing to do is rehome one. It is nothing like taking back a t-shirt that doesn't fit, they are living creatures and as such can't be expected to live in sub-standard or dangerous conditions because you might be too embarrassed to take them back. Bear in mind, this is only if they fight!
Setting up an arboreal vivarium with pictures
PM me and i'll help if I can