Reptile Forums - View Single Post - A question for all you Leo keepers...
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 01:16 AM
Regular
Send a message via MSN to glazios

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstypical View Post
It is nothing like taking back a t-shirt that doesn't fit, they are living creatures and as such can't be expected to live in sub-standard or dangerous conditions because you might be too embarrassed to take them back.
I didn't mean at all to cause offence with that tee-shirt remark, rather I meant it in exactly the same sense you've said - a gecko is not just a thing like the proverbial tee-shirt, it's very much a living creature, and I'd hate to offer either one of them a home only to have to turn it away. I dread the thought of having to choose which of them to keep. I'm sorry if my remark offended you, or anyone else reading the thread.

Similarly, it was never my intention that keeping one of the geckos in a faunarium would be a permanant solution to the problem, should it arise. A friend of mine told me once that, when he introduced a new Leo to a viv, its current resident had been aggressive at first to the newcomer, so he kept the new gecko in a faunarium in the viv for a day or two, and eventually tensions between the two geckos abated after they got used to each-other, and now they get along well.

I feel now that I should mention - and this is by no means an excuse - that I have Asperger's Syndrome, a communication disorder on the Autistic Spectrum, and I sometimes say things, meaning one thing and, as has happened here, my meaning comes accross as something else and is completely misinterpreted. It happens all the time; I'm nearly 24 years old and by now I'm used to having to clarify what I meant, and otherwise cleaning up the mess of people taking something I've said the wrong way. If at any point something I say doesn't make sense, or seems offensive, please don't hesitate to ask me to clarify what I meant. I swear I won't be offended.