Reptile Forums - View Single Post - A question for all you Leo keepers...
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 08:22 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glazios View Post
Divider...how would one go about that? As a possible contingency, I mean. Also, there would be the complication of the viv's heat gradient... Hmm...

Would it be worth, does everyone think, asking Reptile Cymru if they could put my two Leos in a shared viv for the few days they'll be there still, and and observe them for aggression? At least then, we could potentially work something out before the Leos are considered completely sold to us, should they notice any aggression. Would this be worth a go?
Possibly, but as most (more experienced than me) keepers will tell you, the fighting may not be immediately evident anyway. It could be weeks or months before you notice anything. Usually one gets bigger than the other gradually; that one is eating all the food. You won't always see them eating either if you leave a dish of mealworms in there. I have heard of people using a divider, if I were to do it, i'd put the heatmat in the centre, leaving the edges of the viv to be the cold sides. And of course, if you add shelves and don't have a light, they can climb away from the heat too.
Setting up an arboreal vivarium with pictures
PM me and i'll help if I can