Reptile Forums - View Single Post - A question for all you Leo keepers...
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 09:05 PM
Regular
Send a message via MSN to glazios

Hey, guys! Hope you all had an awesome Christmas and a fun New Year.

Just a quick update on Blitz and Stoic (yes, the names have stuck ^_^; ), and a question.

Blitz has settled in okay, it seems the diarrhoea was just new-home nervousness, so false alarm there. I've seen them both hanging out in the moist box recently, both are feeding well and are getting along like a house on fire. Stoic often scratches at the glass to come out, now she's realised that there is something on the other side of it, but Blitz is still a little bit shy; I'm hoping I can get her to be a bit more sociable soon.

Now for that question. I've recently noticed a few of the mealworms I have are pupating, and one or two have metamorphosed fully into adult beetles. My question is, is it safe to feed the beetles to my leos, and are the beetles even edible to them? I don't want to risk putting them in the viv until I know for certain that doing so won't hurt my geckos in any way.

If they're safe, it'd be good to know that mealies don't go to waste as a food source when they become adults.

Thanks either way, guys!