Reptile Forums - View Single Post - A question for all you Leo keepers...
View Single Post
Old 14-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Regular
Send a message via MSN to glazios

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstypical View Post
The Pets at Home near me has so far been fantastic - don't think all stores deserve the bad name a few seem to have tarred them all with!

I also get 3 for 6, surely the guy who said 2 has either made a mistake or it's a typo, no-one in their right mind would pay 6 for 2 pots of waxworms/mealies/whatever!
Was in the Pets at Home down in Cardiff Retail Park yesterday, checking out their stock; the animals in general were overpriced, overcrowded and under-cared-for. Some of the leos in one tank were literally scabby, as though they'd been fighting each-other; one of them was missing a leg, and another was actually *blind*.

Worse still, the guy I spoke to about Leos had no idea what he was talking about - it took a me a second to realise that the care advice he was giving me was actually for Bearded Dragons. How the hell can you confuse a Leo with a Beardy?!

I mentioned that I keep my Leos on lino; he said that I should be keeping them on sand, because apparently "it's healthier for them". I told them that wasn't a good idea because of the risk of impaction in hatchlings and younger animals - and he laughed and said impaction is a myth! I asked him which option was healthier for leos, mealworms or waxworms, and he said waxworms were the best because they have 'a higher nutritional value'.

The man was just making stuff as he went to make himself sound like he knew it all. Everything he said was either complete nonsense or an outright fabrication of the facts. I've never heard so much complete B.S. from shop staff before in my life. He had absolutely no idea how to care for a Leopard Gecko, and the Beardy advice he was spouting wasn't too clever either.

Last edited by glazios; 14-01-2012 at 03:59 PM..