FBH v ADC Judicial Review - Page 9 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Amphibians

Old 25-02-2015, 09:54 PM
Ultra Citizen

And the majority of us very much appreciate it.
Some people just enjoy ignoring what is happening in the real world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Clark View Post
Hi,

Let me answer that question;

We are not a charity, nor are we a profit making organisation. Our funds come from the affiliation fees of the societies (50 per year regardless of membership numbers) and donations.
Admittedly, the joint society expo/show/fayre/breeders meeting what ever you want to call it at KP adds to our funds.
These funds are used to defend the rights of reptile keepers, from 2012 to date the FBH has spent over 54K on legal fees defending reptile keepers rights.
This Judicial Review is extremely important - google judicial review. Those that are saying nothing will change, it wont happen are sticking their heads in the sand. This review will be taking place on the 5th June 2015.

Sometimes I wonder why, we put in the hours in to defend people, that kick us in the crotch at every opportunity. The FBH is run by volunteers, we do not get a penny of the funds.
Salazare Slytherin likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-02-2015, 09:58 PM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelly1 View Post
How much do the fbh raise from each Donny show,as there is a compulsory donation included in table price
What happened to the costs and expenses awarded for the last Donny court case,
Lots of money donated for that case
Nelly1

Thank you. The costs we got back were approximately 12K, that was not included in the 54K quoted.

The IHS organise & run the Doncaster shows not the FBH, and yes, they do place a levy on bookings. Perhaps you should consult the IHS regarding this?

All we are asking is for reptile keepers to unite and defend our rights.
Some on here are still attacking the FBH, thats their prerogative, but thats playing into the hands of those that not only want shows stopped, but the keeping of reptiles and amphibians.

My previous post - typo the JR is the 4th June 2015, not the 5th, finger slipped.
Pete Q and cherryshrimp like this.

Last edited by Colin Clark; 25-02-2015 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: old age
Old 25-02-2015, 10:16 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Hi,

This Judicial Review is extremely important - google judicial review. Those that are saying nothing will change, it wont happen are sticking their heads in the sand. This review will be taking place on the 5th June 2015.
Colin, Can you actually list in simple bullet points (or a simple sentence or two) exactly what this review is to cover ? Maybe then people will be better informed to make decisions on supporting the FBH, be that financially or by putting a name to whichever petition etc may be required to voice our support. As stated, I was under the impression that this was to set a legal guideline for councils and show organisers when it comes to holding events like Doncaster. It's no good simply saying we should all support the BHS and those that don't and bury their heads in the sand will regret it without clarification.

As a side note, I can remember back in the early '90s a proposal to place more reptiles on CITES and tighter controls on importation of reptiles, including Royals.... but twenty years later wild farmed / caught royals are still being imported, even though Royals have since been bred in captivity and in many morphs. At the time everyone was panicking on how this legislation (if passed) would affect those who had animals on this list. But again, 20 years later there is no requirement to have paperwork for the Royals I keep. We can't predict what may happen in the future, and it may well be that in 20 years from now there are tighter restrictions on things reptilian, but lets stop panicking about that now but rather cross that bridge when we come to it.

Malc

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-02-2015, 10:20 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Nelly1

Thank you. The costs we got back were approximately 12K, that was not included in the 54K quoted.

The IHS organise & run the Doncaster shows not the FBH, and yes, they do place a levy on bookings. Perhaps you should consult the IHS regarding this?

All we are asking is for reptile keepers to unite and defend our rights.
Some on here are still attacking the FBH, thats their prerogative, but thats playing into the hands of those that not only want shows stopped, but the keeping of reptiles and amphibians.

My previous post - typo the JR is the 4th June 2015, not the 5th, finger slipped.
The FBH should know the amount of any type of donation given to them.
Plus is it true the the Fbh refused the costs awarded against Donny council.
Plus for the above case,fund raising was done on line and at shows how much did that , bring in.
Old 25-02-2015, 10:23 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc View Post
Colin, Can you actually list in simple bullet points (or a simple sentence or two) exactly what this review is to cover ? Maybe then people will be better informed to make decisions on supporting the FBH, be that financially or by putting a name to whichever petition etc may be required to voice our support. As stated, I was under the impression that this was to set a legal guideline for councils and show organisers when it comes to holding events like Doncaster. It's no good simply saying we should all support the BHS and those that don't and bury their heads in the sand will regret it without clarification.

As a side note, I can remember back in the early '90s a proposal to place more reptiles on CITES and tighter controls on importation of reptiles, including Royals.... but twenty years later wild farmed / caught royals are still being imported, even though Royals have since been bred in captivity and in many morphs. At the time everyone was panicking on how this legislation (if passed) would affect those who had animals on this list. But again, 20 years later there is no requirement to have paperwork for the Royals I keep. We can't predict what may happen in the future, and it may well be that in 20 years from now there are tighter restrictions on things reptilian, but lets stop panicking about that now but rather cross that bridge when we come to it.
Do you know what the consequences will be for the reptile community if the judicial review which is only in four months goes against us? Because we are at that bridge now.
Keeping reptiles for a long time does not mean you know everything. It does not mean you cannot learn more to improve your knowledge, and you can learn from anyone, including relative newcomers. Knowing a lot about reptiles does not give you the right to be arrogant, it simply makes you look arrogant, however, anyone should be prepared for a blunt response if you start spouting rubbish.
Old 25-02-2015, 10:30 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uromastyxman View Post
Do you know what the consequences will be for the reptile community if the judicial review which is only in four months goes against us? Because we are at that bridge now.
Did you not read my post

I've asked Colin to state what it will cover. I've also stated what I believe it covers, and would welcome someone to correct me if I'm wrong.

Heck there is no mention of this review on the BHS, or FBH main website - Colins post was the first I heard about it !

Malc

Old 25-02-2015, 10:41 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc View Post
Did you not read my post

I've asked Colin to state what it will cover. I've also stated what I believe it covers, and would welcome someone to correct me if I'm wrong.

Heck there is no mention of this review on the BHS, or FBH main website - Colins post was the first I heard about it !
I have read your posts and that's why I'm asking you what you think will happen if the judicial review goes agains us in 4 months. You've said a lot of things about what has happened in the past and you've said there is no point in worrying about anything until we need to cross that bridge. Well that bridge is here now. So as you think we shouldn't be worrying, I'll ask you again, what do YOU think will happen if the judicial review goes against us in 4 months? Because you seem to be saying it's no big deal and we should all put our slippers on and relax in front of the telly. So please answer the question, if it does not go our way in June, what will the impact be on reptilekeeping?
colinm likes this.
Keeping reptiles for a long time does not mean you know everything. It does not mean you cannot learn more to improve your knowledge, and you can learn from anyone, including relative newcomers. Knowing a lot about reptiles does not give you the right to be arrogant, it simply makes you look arrogant, however, anyone should be prepared for a blunt response if you start spouting rubbish.
Old 25-02-2015, 10:45 PM
Premier Member
Default Snake steaks on the menu?

Quote:
o please answer the question, if it does not go our way in June, what will the impact be on reptilekeeping?
He does not know, you do not know, the anti reptile lobby do not know and neither do the FBH or even David Cameron and the Lord Almighty.

Stop scaremongering
Malc likes this.
Old 25-02-2015, 10:48 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
I have read your posts and that's why I'm asking you what you think will happen if the judicial review goes agains us in 4 months. You've said a lot of things about what has happened in the past and you've said there is no point in worrying about anything until we need to cross that bridge. Well that bridge is here now. So as you think we shouldn't be worrying, I'll ask you again, what do YOU think will happen if the judicial review goes against us in 4 months? Because you seem to be saying it's no big deal and we should all put our slippers on and relax in front of the telly. So please answer the question, if it does not go our way in June, what will the impact be on reptilekeeping?
I thought this review is to see if the arun district council acted within the law, now I don't know much about the law, but how would this determine if other shows were legal?
Plus I do believe that my other questions need answering honestly and clearly before I decide if to make a donation again
Old 25-02-2015, 10:55 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreliaUK View Post
He does not know, you do not know, the anti reptile lobby do not know and neither do the FBH or even David Cameron and the Lord Almighty.

Stop scaremongering
Hang on let me get my crystal ball out

Quote:
I'll ask you again, what do YOU think will happen if the judicial review goes against us in 4 months? Because you seem to be saying it's no big deal and we should all put our slippers on and relax in front of the telly. So please answer the question, if it does not go our way in June, what will the impact be on reptilekeeping?
FFS -

Quote:
I've asked Colin to state what it will cover. I've also stated what I believe it covers, and would welcome someone to correct me if I'm wrong
Let me turn the tables... care to advise me what the review will cover and how it will affect me (us) keeping reptiles ?

I like Nelly seem to believe it is to set guidelines on how shows in the UK may be run. The only impact I can see is that if it was upheld, the impact would be no more shows.... but that doesn't directly affect me.

Malc