Help with White’s tree frogs - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Amphibians
Register RFUK Articles Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Old 22-09-2019, 11:36 PM
Egg
Default Help with White’s tree frogs

I have a pair of white’s, a male honey blue and a female Australian blue phase. They’ve been doing great together, but with breeding season now in effect, my male is stressing out my female. She’s never bumped into the glass or rubbed her nose, but I think he’s treading her out and she’s trying to get away. Her nose is starting to get banged up, and I noticed what looks to be rake marks on the back of her head. I’ve seen him bite her once, I’m unsure if he does it more or not.
Ultimately, will I have to separate them until breeding season is over? Is this normal behavior from a male? I hate to see her bang her pretty face up. His face looks the same (it was like this when he came to me from sandfire) and I’m assuming it’s scarred this way. But he’s never bumped or rubbed onto the glass with me.

They are currently in a 25 gallon tall. I’ll try to attach photos of them and the tank. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement