Feeding Reluctant Frogs - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Amphibians

Old 23-04-2020, 04:23 PM
Egg
Question Feeding Reluctant Frogs

Hi all.
I am struggling to feed my four Rana temporaria and would appreciate some advice.
This week, three of the frogs were moved into a temporary tank whilst i set up their permanent home, they currently have substrate (coco fibre), a small pool, two flowerpots and a creeping fig. I have tried to feed them with the tongs but they will not take the food, and when I release food into the tank they do not hunt for it.
I suspect that three of them have varying levels of metabolic bone disease, I am hopeful that with UVB and the correct supplements this can be halted.
Currently I am dusting their crickets with calci-dust and Vetark Nutrobal, they have had an Arcadia 7% UVB since this morning.
Can anyone suggest an alternative feeding technique?
Is there a better quality vitamin supplement that i can give them now that they have UVB?
One of the frogs has been striking at food and holding it in its mouth but then spitting it out rather than swallowing. The frogs are all around an inch from nose to vent, they have been eating small brown crickets, today the one that spits stuff out was offered a tiny mealworm and spat it out.
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
frog frogs feeding