How do I legally collect a cb firebellied toad from a breeder in the eu? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Amphibians

Old 19-11-2020, 12:26 AM
Super Regular
Default How do I legally collect a cb firebellied toad from a breeder in the eu?

Hi, How do people in the uk bring back a reptile if they go to Hamm in Germany? What it is, is I have found a breeder of cb firebellied toads, he has unusual blue or mint frogs and located abroad within the eu, when were not in covid lock down, I'd like to look into flying out to buy them and bring them home. I imagine it is quite complicated?

1.1.1. leopard gecko, Lemony Snicket (she likes her crickets
1.0.0. green blotched snow corn - Haribo(gummy worm)
1.2.0. ferrets, Scrappy, Coco Channel (smelly)
0.0.1. cockatiel, Charlie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-11-2020, 08:46 AM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deedee71 View Post
Hi, How do people in the uk bring back a reptile if they go to Hamm in Germany? What it is, is I have found a breeder of cb firebellied toads, he has unusual blue or mint frogs and located abroad within the eu, when were not in covid lock down, I'd like to look into flying out to buy them and bring them home. I imagine it is quite complicated?
You won't be able to fly them back unless you send them as air freight and that is very expensive.
You would be better driving there and back.
Alternatively book a courier, there are some who will pick up pre bought ankmqlsbat Hamm and bring them back to the buyer.
Old 19-11-2020, 11:33 AM
Super Regular

Thank you Ian, so as its a pet, I don't need anything except a receipt for the animals then?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-11-2020, 01:51 PM
Regular

Hi, we do quite a lot of exchange with buyers/sellers in the EU... that may change in 2021.

Flying is pretty much impossible, no airline will let you have them on the plane. Air freight is possible as Ian said but this will cost a lot and isn't worth it unless its a bulk purchase or a high value purchase.

We always drive, either meet at a show or on the way to the show. You will need a proof of purchase (sometimes referred to as proof of origin), most sellers will offer this as standard, or if you ask they will know what to provide. It needs to have the species, the quantity, the sellers details; name, address etc and the same for yourself.

Bombina are not classified on CITES so you don't need any import/export papers.

At the boarder if you are asked 'Do you have pets?' the answer is technically no as they only class pets as dogs, cats and ferrets. You can of course state that you have animals.

There are also couriers that go to and from Europe, if you look up reptilecourier.eu on facebook they may be able to help you.

PLEASE NOTE: all this may change in 2021.
Old 21-11-2020, 01:24 AM
Super Regular

Thank you, thats a bit of a bummer. I don't fancy driving all that way... maybe i will put a wanted ad on the classifieds for a mint firebellied toad

Old 26-11-2020, 02:05 PM
Regular

You don't need to as I said there are also couriers that go to and from Europe, if you look up reptilecourier.eu on facebook they may be able to help you.