Arcadia Dual Controller for T5 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Equipment & Supplies > Arcadia

Old 12-10-2016, 09:30 AM
Premier Citizen
Default Arcadia Dual Controller for T5

I bought a second one of these today to upgrade my last two vivariums from T8 to T5, but its different to the dual controller i got before.

The first one i had came with connecting sockets between the controller unit and the T5 tube sockets, meaning you could unplaug them, feed them through the back of the viv and reattach to the controller, this one does not.

Im pretty annoyed with it to be honest, my vivariums are sealed (like a lot of peoples) meaning i cant pull the vivarium apart to put these in, and the light tube sockets/connectors are too big to go through the ventilation slots.

Im really not sure what i am going to do with it now, i dont want to take the unit apart to feed the wires directly, firstly i could ruin the wiring and secondly it would void the warranty, why has this connector feature been removed? Have i been sold an older unit? It came from the same place and i bought the other controller over a year ago.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2016, 10:45 AM
Premier Member

Hi, you have bought the aquatic one I would think. There are two versions. The reptile branded one with plug and socket lamp leads and the aquatic one in the silver box with fixed leads.

If you need the ACRE version, just take it back and swap it

ACE codes are aquatic, ACRE are reptile

john

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azastral View Post
I bought a second one of these today to upgrade my last two vivariums from T8 to T5, but its different to the dual controller i got before.

The first one i had came with connecting sockets between the controller unit and the T5 tube sockets, meaning you could unplaug them, feed them through the back of the viv and reattach to the controller, this one does not.

Im pretty annoyed with it to be honest, my vivariums are sealed (like a lot of peoples) meaning i cant pull the vivarium apart to put these in, and the light tube sockets/connectors are too big to go through the ventilation slots.

Im really not sure what i am going to do with it now, i dont want to take the unit apart to feed the wires directly, firstly i could ruin the wiring and secondly it would void the warranty, why has this connector feature been removed? Have i been sold an older unit? It came from the same place and i bought the other controller over a year ago.

Arcadia Reptile; Head of Science and Innovation

BRAND NEW BOOK out now. The Elements series; Part 1- FIRE, The Sun, its Use and Replication in Reptile Keeping

Find us on facebook under "Arcadia reptile"
www.arcadiareptile.com
Old 12-10-2016, 02:38 PM
Premier Citizen

I got back in contact with reptilecentre.com, the picture they had up was for the reptile one, as was the description, seems they made a mistake on their website, it was meant to be the aquatic one (it was slightly less expensive than the one they label as reptile controller) but they have used the same description and image of the product on both listings.

Theyve agreed to send out the one with the connectors immediately and i will return the one they supplied, luckily they admit its their mistake and arent going to charge me for the difference!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2016, 04:36 PM
Premier Member

Ahh, that explains that then.

Mistakes happen, its how you deal with it that counts

John

Arcadia Reptile; Head of Science and Innovation

BRAND NEW BOOK out now. The Elements series; Part 1- FIRE, The Sun, its Use and Replication in Reptile Keeping

Find us on facebook under "Arcadia reptile"
www.arcadiareptile.com