Chuck Is Here !! Blue Quaker - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Avian

Old 25-02-2016, 06:01 PM
Premier Citizen
Talking Chuck Is Here !! Blue Quaker

Chuck arrived earlier today. He is already so chatty and confident! So far he has already said Hello, good boy, step up, you, off & thank you!

Basin79 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-02-2016, 06:31 PM

Lovely bird, but I do hate it when people teach them to swear/swear continually so that the bird copies.
MrJsk likes this.
Old 25-02-2016, 07:56 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen P View Post
Lovely bird, but I do hate it when people teach them to swear/swear continually so that the bird copies.
My parrot swears.
Advertisement

Old 25-02-2016, 08:01 PM
Postaholic Member

Copying something word for word isn't called parrot fashion for nothing. And I'm sure there are loads of owners out there that simply swear in their day to day talk that parrots pick up on and copy. Of course you'll always get some owners who will repeatedly say certain swear words or a phrase just in order for their bird picks it up.
SnakeLover89 likes this.
Jack Torrance: Mr. Grady. You were the caretaker here. I recognize ya. I saw your picture in the newspapers. You, uh, chopped your wife and daughters up into little bits. And then you blew your brains out.

Grady: That's strange, sir. I don't have any recollection of that at all.
Old 25-02-2016, 08:28 PM
Regular

Quote:
When I had a parrot, we didn't teach it to swear but picked it up from hearing it off TV and from other's even if we had to intention of teaching her anything.

If owning a parrot is something you have to be prepared for and not get up tight over it so much but rather have a sense of humour.
Old 25-02-2016, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeLover89 View Post
When I had a parrot, we didn't teach it to swear but picked it up from hearing it off TV and from other's even if we had to intention of teaching her anything.

If owning a parrot is something you have to be prepared for and not get up tight over it so much but rather have a sense of humour.
I've got parrots, both of whom talk, but neither swear. Probably because I don't.
Old 25-02-2016, 09:25 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
I've got parrots, both of whom talk, but neither swear. Probably because I don't.
What do you have Stephen?

I swear quite a bit. I get angry at the TV, junk mail through the letterbox etc. I really do hope though Pandora doesn't pick up on it. Senegal's aren't exactly known for their speech as apposed to Greg's etc so I'm hoping I'll be alright. She's 2 today and mutters but hasn't said an English word yet.
Jack Torrance: Mr. Grady. You were the caretaker here. I recognize ya. I saw your picture in the newspapers. You, uh, chopped your wife and daughters up into little bits. And then you blew your brains out.

Old 25-02-2016, 09:30 PM

African Grey and a Senegal. Plus Cockatiels, Budgies and Canaries but none of these talk!
Basin79 likes this.
Old 25-02-2016, 09:31 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
African Grey and a Senegal.
Brilliant. Do you have a thread/threads? Do they get on? Pandora hates my Bullmastiff and anybody who isn't me she bites/attacks.

Sorry for the derail J.

Old 27-02-2016, 01:33 AM
Premier Citizen

I don't want to encourage him to swear, just trying to ignore him when he says that. When he first said I did laugh, was so shocked. I do swear a fair bit, so I guess he would have eventually picked up the odd word anyway..

When I talk to him it's mainly.. hello, step up, good boy etc He says all of these too!

Last night, he also said "going bed" & this morning it was "apples, apples, apples"

Whistle and he whistles back
Shellsfeathers&fur likes this.

Tags
blue , chuck , mrjsk , quaker