Which one? - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Avian

Old 04-02-2019, 05:51 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basin79 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel463 View Post
Haha thanks, I will have to consider that !
I live in a terraced house and neither neighbour have complained about the noise. Whilst Pan can be loud (to me) compared to say a Cockatoo she's nothing. Some of those are almost as loud as a 747 taking off.
That’s very encouraging! The neighbors are always playing loud music and talking/laughing and we can hear them constantly, so I suppose they can’t teally complain!
Basin79 and dps51 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2019, 11:12 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Thatís very encouraging! The neighbors are always playing loud music and talking/laughing and we can hear them constantly, so I suppose they canít teally complain!
Same for me. Although not loud music but they both have friends round often and it can get loud. That's to be expected if you have neighbours. There will always be times where things get loud. So long as it doesn't disrupt sleep or go daft it's good.

Obviously I wouldn't expect either neighbour to put up with a Cockatoo though. That's 1 of the reasons I went with a Senegal.
Jack Torrance: Mr. Grady. You were the caretaker here. I recognize ya. I saw your picture in the newspapers. You, uh, chopped your wife and daughters up into little bits. And then you blew your brains out.

Grady: That's strange, sir. I don't have any recollection of that at all.
Old 05-02-2019, 03:23 PM
Regular

Quote:
Quote:
That’s very encouraging! The neighbors are always playing loud music and talking/laughing and we can hear them constantly, so I suppose they can’t teally complain!
Same for me. Although not loud music but they both have friends round often and it can get loud. That's to be expected if you have neighbours. There will always be times where things get loud. So long as it doesn't disrupt sleep or go daft it's good.

Obviously I wouldn't expect either neighbour to put up with a Cockatoo though. That's 1 of the reasons I went with a Senegal.
They are both in their 60’s, so the music isn’t rarely into the night. I once banged on a bin to get them to quieten down late at night because I couldn’t sleep, but considering what they put up with from us, it’s quite reasonable. Haha yes definitely not worth the risk with a Cockatoo. I considered it but they noise wouldn’t be fair to my other pets and they seem to be very high maintenance
Basin79 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2019, 09:25 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
They are both in their 60ís, so the music isnít rarely into the night. I once banged on a bin to get them to quieten down late at night because I couldnít sleep, but considering what they put up with from us, itís quite reasonable. Haha yes definitely not worth the risk with a Cockatoo. I considered it but they noise wouldnít be fair to my other pets and they seem to be very high maintenance
All parrots are to be honest. Whilst Pan is tiny compared to a cockatoo I've still had to change so much. From making sure remotes are buttons down (Pan chews the buttons) to parrot proofing my TV. The little bugger used to perch on it then shit down the back.
Jack Torrance: Mr. Grady. You were the caretaker here. I recognize ya. I saw your picture in the newspapers. You, uh, chopped your wife and daughters up into little bits. And then you blew your brains out.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:30 PM
Regular

Quote:
Quote:
They are both in their 60’s, so the music isn’t rarely into the night. I once banged on a bin to get them to quieten down late at night because I couldn’t sleep, but considering what they put up with from us, it’s quite reasonable. Haha yes definitely not worth the risk with a Cockatoo. I considered it but they noise wouldn’t be fair to my other pets and they seem to be very high maintenance
All parrots are to be honest. Whilst Pan is tiny compared to a cockatoo I've still had to change so much. From making sure remotes are buttons down (Pan chews the buttons) to parrot proofing my TV. The little bugger used to perch on it then shit down the back.
Small adjustments like that aren’t too much of an issue. As long as we don’t have to spend hundreds and make things look really bad/weird I doubt it will be too much of a problem.
Old 05-02-2019, 09:43 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Small adjustments like that arenít too much of an issue. As long as we donít have to spend hundreds and make things look really bad/weird I doubt it will be too much of a problem.
This is about as crazy as I've had to do as in things that look odd.

I have a small playstand in the front window, on top of the fridge and on some plastic shelves in the kitchen. I have a massive playstand in the front room as well as Pan's cage. Pandora is free flying pretty much 7 days a week from when I get up to the late evening. I wouldn't need all of those things I just like Pan to have a lot of options.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:38 AM
Ultra Citizen

If it was me Iíd say Conure. Iíve been looking into getting one myself! Yes they talk but if you search them on YouTube and watch the people on there with them they are such lovely birds, and very easy to tame, there is a woman on there though that does mention the noises haha. But if you donít want the noise then the budgies, but yes as said more than one as they like to be in pairs or more. Though they do talk also but nothing like conures! Haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk