Converting Garage into Breeding room? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Breeding

Old 12-12-2017, 04:23 AM
Egg
Default Converting Garage into Breeding room?

Hello!

I am going to start breeding soon (Balls and rosy boas), and after exploring a few options, have decided to convert my detached garage into a space for it.

It was converted into an office years ago, so it is already essentially ready to be set up, but the big problem I am facing, is the temperature.

In the hot months its HOT and the cool its COLD. I live in California, so the the weather itself isn't too extreme, but there is no climate control in the structure.

I was wondering if anyone on here might have some easyish and inexpensive ideas?

Regardless,
thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 20-12-2017, 09:35 PM
Premier Citizen

You MUST insulate the entire building with silver backed rigid insulation board. His will stop the combined heat of the cages going through the roof, particularly in very hot weather. Remember, even led lights will raise the temperature in a reptile room. The insulation will keep the temperature from dropping too low either, even though you are unlikely to get snow where you are. Insulating your building is the first thing you must do, otherwise you will be facing lots of problems that would have been unnecessary if you***8217;d insulated the building, and I do mean th the entire building, including roof. If someone tells you you do not need to insulate the building because snakes could survive in your part of the country, ignore them, they are mistaken.

Good luck

Andy
Keeping reptiles for a long time does not mean you know everything. It does not mean you cannot learn more to improve your knowledge, and you can learn from anyone, including relative newcomers. Knowing a lot about reptiles does not give you the right to be arrogant, it simply makes you look arrogant, however, anyone should be prepared for a blunt response if you start spouting rubbish.

Tags
ball python , breeding advice , reptile room , reptile room build , rosy boa