Help me my leopard gecko egg is very soft and sinking - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Breeding

Old 06-04-2019, 06:06 PM
Egg
Default Help me my leopard gecko egg is very soft and sinking

Hi I need a bit of advice my leopard gecko laid an egg yesterday 05/04/19 I wasn't at home at the time she laid it, when I noticed it had a littleI dimple on the top of it I got it straight into the incubator. I checked it this morning and it's very soft and has dimpled a lot more. I'm using hatchrite as a substrate temperature is 29 degrees Centigrade. I put a 2 tablespoons of water in the corner of the box to help with moisture and humidity. There is red veins going through the egg so it is fertile,I've had 3 eggs from my geckos this year and so far none have been a success it's very disheartening can anybody help me here much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2019, 11:58 PM
Super Regular
Default Dip in egg

Hi I have only experience with gargoyle & crestie & chahoua eggs
If my eggs ever dip I carefully place a damp sheet of kitchen roll just barely touching the egg. Usually leave overnight & dip seems to resolve.
Not sure of temp for leopard geckos but it's warmer than I use for my geckos but as I said I don't have leopard geckos or any experience with. So I'm not saying it's too warm I just don't know if it's right or not.
(Just googled temps are higher for leopard geckos, learn something new every day!)

Last edited by AceGargoyles; 08-04-2019 at 12:09 AM..