incubator heating ? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Breeding

Old 24-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Ultra Citizen
Send a message via MSN to Voodoo Royal Morphs
Default incubator heating ?

im setting up an incubator to mo and can not get a heat mat that a perfect fit for my box so had to get a smaller mat is there anyway i can get ant extra heat out the mat ?

Old 25-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Super Citizen
Location: In a world of my own as usual or Clacton as others call it
Send a message via MSN to Greenphase Send a message via Skype™ to Greenphase

The simple answer is if it is on a stat then no you cant get extra heat from it mate.The other alternative is to get a heat cable and run that round the box and connect it to a stat making sure they cable does not touch itself or it will burn through and short out.The cheapest option is to get another poly box and fit the largest heat mat you can into it then control the heat with the stat.
Old 25-05-2008, 11:47 PM
Ultra Citizen
Send a message via MSN to Voodoo Royal Morphs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boas n Burms View Post
The simple answer is if it is on a stat then no you cant get extra heat from it mate.The other alternative is to get a heat cable and run that round the box and connect it to a stat making sure they cable does not touch itself or it will burn through and short out.The cheapest option is to get another poly box and fit the largest heat mat you can into it then control the heat with the stat.

cheers for the reply i didnt think the heat mat would be powerful anothe but the temp inside the incubator is at 75.c with out the mat even on i think it in a very warm room lol.