Reptile Forums banner

Puzzling eggs thoughts/advice please?

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  BlueRoses 
#1 · (Edited)
I have 21 corn eggs at day 61 now. Egg 1 pipped on day 58 and hatched 2 days ago ( day 60 ) and next one pipped yesterday ( day 60 )and hatched today.
Although all the other eggs have dimpled over the past several days, no more have pipped yet. It seems a bit strange that they are not pipping and hatching one after the other as they did last year.

I am not one for interfering and dont want to slit them in case this is just me being impatient and I go and damage them.

Any thoughts anyone?

I incubated at the lower end of the scale 81- 82

#2 ·
3rd one just pipped ..... sooooo slowwwwwww

#4 ·
They will come, don't slit them, I have had them take 10 days from the first one to the last one, and 5 days from the 1st to the 2nd once! Sometimes they are just slow

#5 ·
It all sounds fine to me, congrats with the babies!
I think sometimes you get "warmspots" in eggboxes making some (usually the top ones) hatch earlier. I think its also a natural defence thing to a certain extent. If they all happened to hatch at one time, a hungry predator could wipe them all out, so by "trickling" out they increase their survival numbers.
Mine took 4 days for all to get out, and all were fine: victory:

#6 ·
Ok, thanks both of you. Reassured :2thumb:

#7 ·
4th pipping as we speak : victory:

( just a natural born worrier ) :blush:

#9 ·
Hope so! Would be good as its weekend. Thank you . Its not like its my first time lol. Its just they havent taken this long before. I will get some more piccies up when they've all come out . :flrt:

#10 ·
Still pipping very slowly : victory:

#11 ·
Hang on in there, i know its tough but they will hatch. Finger biteing stuff huh? Congrats on little ones already out!

#12 ·
Thanks, no nails left!
Im not a first timer at this but not had a long protracted hatching like this before. It will be a week on Tuesday since they first started pipping lol, and only 7 of 21 are out yet. I think they're shy. Can see another 3 heads though. I think my Caramels are going for a record. At least they look healthy and plump :2thumb:

#14 ·
well done mine just gone into the incubator so I got a long wait hey 1st eggs as well so very interesting post for me.

Cheers for sharing hope alls well

Thank you.... and good luck with yours ! : victory:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.