beardie help - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Breeding

Old 25-04-2010, 06:45 PM
Hatchling
Default beardie help

hi all

i have had a beardie before but this time I'm abit worried,i bought her yesterday she was in with other beardies shes been fine,my temps are spot on shes been eating well but today shes started acting strange,shes being going mad up the glass now shes gone under her log scratching at the paper ,keeps closing her eyes and looks tired could she be pregnant any info would be much appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 25-04-2010, 07:08 PM
5 Star Member

Get yourself a deep catlitter tray or really useful box with some damp warm sand in, smooth it up 1 end and put her in covering it up so it is dark - if she is ready to lay she will

* www.Gemstone-Dragons.com - Bearded Dragons & Indian Star Tortoises *

* Why buy a Ferarri and then put cheap Tyres on it? - My Pets were expensive, this is reflected in my Setups, Care & Feeding regimes *

* We are now on Facebook offering safe BD advice - http://www.facebook.com/groups/BDFUK/ *

*Responsibly taking time out from our Dragon Breeding Programme while focussing on our Indian Star Tortoise Breeding Project *

Old 25-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Hatchling

ok cheers have done it their is no movement shes just lying their, how long should i leave her in their
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-04-2010, 09:08 AM
5 Star Member

I was told if their ready to lay they will, if they get out their not ready.

Mine was digging for about an hour in hers then rested, started wriggling her bum and popped out her eggs, in all she wasn't in her laybox more than 3 hours.

If she digs and gets out try her again later on/next day.

If its night time and she gets out she should curl up and go to sleep but if she keeps digging try putting her in the laybox again.

Beardies dig randomly anyway so she may not be preggers but if she is and she is looking for somewhere to lay the above should help

* www.Gemstone-Dragons.com - Bearded Dragons & Indian Star Tortoises *

* Why buy a Ferarri and then put cheap Tyres on it? - My Pets were expensive, this is reflected in my Setups, Care & Feeding regimes *

* We are now on Facebook offering safe BD advice - http://www.facebook.com/groups/BDFUK/ *

*Responsibly taking time out from our Dragon Breeding Programme while focussing on our Indian Star Tortoise Breeding Project *

Old 26-04-2010, 10:31 AM
Super Citizen

How old is your beardie? Does she look like she has marbels in her belly?

Baby Bearded Dragons available!
These will be ready from the 23rd of July!
Deposits being taken and i will have more available throughout the summer. Citrus x
Old 26-04-2010, 06:34 PM
Hatchling

Shes just over 12 months old, ive just come from work shes under her log and shes looks dead tired.
Old 28-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Super Regular
Send a message via MSN to gmorris194

As suggested feel her tummy gently and see if you can feel any eggs, did you try with the lay box at all?

Are you defo sure shes female?
0.1.0 - The Other half!