im actually very sick of morphs.. - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Breeding

Old 28-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Banned
Default im actually very sick of morphs..

i know a lot of people on here will cause a big fuss, but i do think there are far too many morphs, especially in royals, i just cant keep up. i cant help but think its totally ruined the breed, i even saw morphs in axoloyls.. wtf? LEAVE THEM ALONE! why do we feel the growing need to tamper with EVERY pet species we can get our hands on? look at dogs.. i personally cant tell some morphs from others, its almost asif ANY little difference is pounced on to make more money!
which is another point i wanted to make, are the expensive morphs just used for profit and reputation? and though im sure they are in many cases (before i get jumped by owners with their backs up), are some of these animals done wrong by and not loved as much as a first time owner with their first normal because they are used just for breeding purposes?

im not targeting anyone before someone finds this personal btw.
rant over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Postaholic Member

was the same with corns...
fast forward 20 years, it'll be something else

btw, we are not 'tampering'
regarding royals, the genes have to be there in the first place to produce said morphs

Old 28-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Ultra Citizen
Send a message via MSN to hexem

Most colour and pattern mutations you see are also natural occuring in the wild, obviously many aren't, but it also doesn't affect the health of the animal so it's not too much of a problem, obviously inbreeding to prove out morphs and other thing's can thin out blood lines, this can lead to problems later on down the line and cause genetic defects.

Yes morphs command more money than there wild counter-parts, it's more about what's new and hot, rare and what no one else has yet, it's the same with most other pet's you see out there.

People are making money from owning animal's they love and some are buying just to make money, it's not going to stop anytime soon im afraid!

Updated online store, check it out!
www.stickyfeet.co.uk
Leachianus & Gargoyle Geckos
Repashy Superfood Sellers (Crested Gecko Diet)
Online Store - exotic reptile supplies
gargoyle geckos for sale:

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...ml#post7029651
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-04-2010, 09:12 PM
Banned

oooh i know it wont lol, but then i do believe a lot of it is tampering, in that it wouldnt happen if we werent encouraging it, though yes i do know of a few natural morphs ^^ i just think its getting bloody rediculous, im just waiting on the killer super bumble bee caramel sun blast pinstripe lemon bellied sinder mojave. or something.. xx