Easy reptiles to breed? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Breeding

Old 18-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Regular
Default Easy reptiles to breed?

I really want to start breeding reptiles and was wondering what reptile would be the easiest to breed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Premier Citizen

My easy to breed list is almost certainly not the same as another person's list. Once someone tells you how to do it, a lot of reptiles are fairly easy to breed.

Give us a list of reptiles that you like. We can then give you a rough ranking from most commonly bred to least commonly bred.
Old 18-02-2011, 02:57 PM
Regular

i love snakes, beardies, leo geko. so mainly snakes and lizards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Super Citizen

The problem is that many of the easily bred stuff is already over-bred (corn snakes, royals, leopard geckos). Don't bother until you know you can sell or home the young.
Old 18-02-2011, 04:04 PM

Why are you looking to breed reptiles when you say because you are going to college you won't have the time to care for this one snake:

This is the most lovly snake i have ever met. i have had it since it was a baby and i have loved having it, but im going to college and sadly wont have time for it anymore.
Old 18-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Gold Star Member
Reviews: 20

Im sorry but this is just plain stupid get a reptile because you like it and then maybe later breed but dont get a reptile to breed then find out about it.

I upload photos etc first here before they are on the forum, also it is easier to contact me there as i am on there more than on the forum. You will also get to see the babies for sale before the whole forum does so it is worth your while!
Old 18-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Why are you looking to breed reptiles when you say because you are going to college you won't have the time to care for this one snake:

This is the most lovly snake i have ever met. i have had it since it was a baby and i have loved having it, but im going to college and sadly wont have time for it anymore.
Also looking to buy a Boa or Python despite not having time for the Corn?

http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...s-pythons.html
0.1.0 Amel/R.Okeetee Cornsnake "Candy"
1.1.0 Phelsuma m. grandis "Desmond & Doris"
0.2.0 Tibetan Spaniels "Ruby & Sapphire"
0.2.0 Brahma Hens
0.1.0 White Silkie Bantam
1.0.0 Belgian Hare "Geyser"
0.0.1 Grammostola pulchra
5.15.3 White Fantail Doves
2.2.0 Indian Runner Ducks
Old 24-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Premier Citizen

well what reps do you want to breed? decide that then do as much research as you can. breeding a rep just coz it's easy is the wrong reason to breed. these are living breathing things you're bringing into the world, what will you do with the babies? the market is flooded with corns, royals, beardies, leos you may struggle to find suitable homes for the babies and until you do, it's you that's got to feed, heat and house them.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Regular

theres something very wrong about this thread!!! The fact you have even asked a question like that makes it come across you are looking for a quick bit of cash to me.
Most people own a particular type of animal for a while before deciding they might like to have a go at breeding...but trying to find an 'easy' animal to breed is crazy!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Gold Star Member
Reviews: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapaneseAkita1983 View Post
theres something very wrong about this thread!!! The fact you have even asked a question like that makes it come across you are looking for a quick bit of cash to me.
Most people own a particular type of animal for a while before deciding they might like to have a go at breeding...but trying to find an 'easy' animal to breed is crazy!!!
exactly what i said

I upload photos etc first here before they are on the forum, also it is easier to contact me there as i am on there more than on the forum. You will also get to see the babies for sale before the whole forum does so it is worth your while!
Closed Thread

Tags
breeding advice