Male senegal parrot and cage for sale..the little parrots with BIG parrot attitude! - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Classifieds > Reptile Classifieds - Exotics for Sale and Wanted > Domestic & Exotics Classifieds

Old 14-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Premier Citizen
RFUKTrader: 22 / 100%
Send a message via MSN to devilsofdarkness
Default Male senegal parrot and cage for sale..the little parrots with BIG parrot attitude!

He is approx 4 years old (they can live to 30)
Orange bellied and fully feathered
Was closed rung but after he decided to bite into the ring and almost cut of the blood supply to his foot, the vet removed it (the ring not his foot! lol)
Came from a reputable breeder in clacton on sea.....I also have another senegal from the same breeder

The reason I am considering selling him is because of me largely.....As some of you on here know I suffer severely from the skin disease Psoriaisis and my hands are badly affected....

Well we rehomed 'BILBO BAGGINS' or billy as i call him from my mother in law ( she bought him a little after we got our female) as mother in law suffers from bad arthritis in her hands and wrists and after 1 particulary bad arthritis day, billy flew onto her shoulder and decided to taste the back of mum's neck a little too hard!!!....Mum however, cos of her Arthritis, couldnt manouvre herself to get him off and from that moment, she wouldnt go near him....

So I had him and have had him for the past 2 and half years...

Alittle insight to billy's temeperment......Billy LOVES me and will come when called, will listen to NO if he is getting a bit over excited, he loves tickles and cuddles and playing....Although please note HE CAN AND DOES get a little too fiesty at times and needs 'time out' in his cage......

He also talks and says.....hello, good morning, good boy, ouch, out, tickle tickle and a few other indistinguishable things!!!
He also whistles the laurel and hardy theme and the hovis theme....although this is when HE feels lik it and not when you want him too!!! pmsl

Billy's main problem is that he would need a firm owner who will love and carry on with him as I have as explained earlier he can be fiesty

I would not particulary trust him with children handling him as even my 14 year old who has a knack at handling animals got a touch of the billyness!!

So the fact that he loves being out, cuddling, playing and particularly standing on your hands is causing a problem for me as any scratch or nick i get from his claws or beak results in another break out of psoriasis.

He will come with his cage and all toys.....

I am asking £225 for Billy and cage etc

Debi

https://www.facebook.com/groups/147547662067763/

Monocentropus balfouri*Euathlus sp red af*Brachypelma boehmei saf*Euathlus sp blue af*Grammastola pulchra*Theraphosa stirmi af*O phillippinus*Pterinochilus lugardi*Aphonopelma schmidti*Aphonopelma seemani*
2 dogs
7 cats
H spinifer scorpion
H Laoticus scorp
cornsnake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-04-2008, 02:51 PM
Ultra Citizen
RFUKTrader: 9 / 100%

Are you rehoming any of the other birds with your Psoriaisis being such a problem?

Billy looks a right cheeky devil

You could try posting on Parrotlinks were other parrot people are always looking for new additins to their flocks

I hope you find a nice home for Billy as he sure is a stunner
Old 14-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Premier Citizen

No im not rehoming any of my others cos the 2 parakeets are solely my daughetrs and she cares for them.....and our other senegal is such that she will go to ANYONE so i dont have to worry about her not being handled as my husband and both my daughters are forever opening her cage and handling her.....

Thank you for the lovely comment...Billy really is a beautiful bird..just needs a firm owner thats all...

As for parrotlinks...yes ive put him on there too so ty lol

Monocentropus balfouri*Euathlus sp red af*Brachypelma boehmei saf*Euathlus sp blue af*Grammastola pulchra*Theraphosa stirmi af*O phillippinus*Pterinochilus lugardi*Aphonopelma schmidti*Aphonopelma seemani*
2 dogs
7 cats
H spinifer scorpion
H Laoticus scorp
cornsnake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Premier Citizen

bump bump

2 dogs
7 cats
H spinifer scorpion
H Laoticus scorp
cornsnake
Old 16-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Premier Citizen

Non one interested?? He really is a lovely bird so come on guys

2 dogs
7 cats
H spinifer scorpion
H Laoticus scorp
cornsnake
Old 17-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Premier Citizen

OH come on guys....theyre must be someone that will love billy.....

All he needs is a chance guys.....

2 dogs
7 cats
H spinifer scorpion
H Laoticus scorp
cornsnake
Old 17-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Premier Member
RFUKTrader: 0 / 0%

Lovely birds senegals but notoriously nippy. I hope you find him a nice home.On the plus side, they aren't as noisy as conures so surely someone can give him a chance?
I keep (among 40 others) Meyers, which are another member of the same genus (poicephalus) and love them loads.
Old 18-04-2008, 01:17 PM
Premier Citizen

ty fen for your kind words...it seems no one is willing to give Billy the chance he needs.....On the plus side, he came out his cage this morning, was a very good boy having tickles but then got a bit excited and nipped me again!!! I wouldnt care if I didnt have this bloddy psoriasis but Ive gotta put my health AND billys needs first....

SO COME ON PEEPS...i guarentee that with the right owner, Billy would be a magical additon to anyhousehold

2 dogs
7 cats
H spinifer scorpion
H Laoticus scorp
cornsnake
Old 19-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Premier Citizen

WHY IS NO ONE INTERESTED??? any ideas on where else i could post to hopefully find him a home?

2 dogs
7 cats
H spinifer scorpion
H Laoticus scorp
cornsnake
Old 19-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Super Citizen
RFUKTrader: 3 / 100%

you could try preloved.co.uk hope it helps would love him but think i would get killed by my other half ben