Best place to purchase DWA animal - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > DWA Species

Old 21-11-2020, 11:22 PM
Hatchling
Default Best place to purchase DWA animal

Specifically interested in gaboon viper and death stalker scorpion. Native to Northern Ireland.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-11-2020, 09:46 AM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niallprenty567 View Post
Specifically interested in gaboon viper and death stalker scorpion. Native to Northern Ireland.
Neither are native to Northern Ireland

Seriously though, it might be worth speaking to reptile dealers in NI to see if they can put you in contact with DWAA keepers. Otherwise you will have to look further afield. As most couriers won't touch such species (and legally DWAA inverts cannot be sent via Royal Mail) you may have to drive over to the mainland to find these.
Old 23-11-2020, 03:35 PM
Premier Citizen

The mainland UK is your best bet, and failing that, Hamm or Houten. The latter two aren't happening any time soon, though....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-11-2020, 04:42 PM
Hatchling

Ah just I’m looking for a good deal you see two reptile store near me have closed down since I got into the hobby both kept dead in store I’ve been quoted quite a high but probably reasonably price from an emerald green tree boa they’re not even the third of the price from America can’t get them shipped over here saw a gaboon viper on one American site for a hundred bucks out of stock unfortunately
Old 23-11-2020, 08:23 PM
Super Citizen

you should be able to ship from europe easy enough. I you trawl the old posts in the DWA section it may get you some contacts in your part of the world.
Old 24-11-2020, 02:24 AM
Premier Member

You are aware, I hope, that you will need to be licensed to keep those specific species?
Have you explored whether it is viable to get a licence for these?
Old 24-11-2020, 02:44 AM
Hatchling

Yes but in my region Northern Ireland it requires vet checks and the specific species that you want to keep listed on application it’s only 80 quidd for me but I have to state whether I want to breed them and state that I’m not preform I any scientific experiments on them and that should only last for two years I’m not even sure I have the space as the inescapable room is very small a large “walk in closest really” and I’m not sure if I want to be in there if one were to bolt obviously I could handle outside of the extra levels of security on top of an escape proof locked maybe with cctv or a viewing hatch before entering the room I’ve been recommended two doors into a DWA room, just want to see what’s available. I’m still mailing over if this is right for me slowing expanding on an exotic pet collection for non DWA’s to keep myself busy just after purchasing a cobalt blue actually!
Old 24-11-2020, 02:51 AM
Hatchling

Might build a secondary stud boarded hall into the ****ing closet so there’s two locked doors between me and the DWA’s and their locked cages haha
Old 24-11-2020, 02:55 AM
Hatchling

It’s kinda contradictory cause a vet needs to check the enclosures and the space I’m hoping just to propose what my set ups gonna be and list the species before hand then it gets sent to a tribunal and they decide whether to issue me a licence or not
Old 24-11-2020, 03:00 AM
Hatchling

I may or may not have inquired about something I have little interest in a “tiger wandering spider” could be legal so far as I can tell all “wandering spiders” are illegal, not the Brazilian wandering spider did not look like in pic although that’s what’s google search threw up I was told if and when they would have it back in stock, it’s eh, blue, same seller did sell the “six eyed sand spider” and another which required you to be 18 to purchase as it is considered highly venomous but not DWA. This was all in a list of out of stock animals but I did email them about the tiger wandering spider as I was curious if it was the same as the infamous Brazilian wandering spider. Just told me he’d let me know if and when it was back in stock