SE England Reptile Vivarium - Cabinet Conversion - Solid Antique Mahogany - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Classifieds > Reptile Classifieds - Exotics for Sale and Wanted > Equipment Classifieds

Old 07-01-2018, 05:56 PM
Hatchling
RFUKTrader: 0 / 0%
For Sale  

Price £0 (or best offer)
Location SW128EX, SE England
Shipping
Payment Options Cash

Default Reptile Vivarium - Cabinet Conversion - Solid Antique Mahogany

This a beautiful solid mahogany antique cabinet vivarium conversion. The cabinet dates from 1870 and was used as a display cabinet in an antique shop before the shop closed.

It has since been converted in to a vivarium suitable for a medium size chameleon or tree snake, or any tree dwelling reptile.

The cabinet comes with the following:

- Arcadia Dry T8 Vivarium UV Light Controller - £20
- New Exo Terra Repti Glo 10.0 UVB Light - £20
- New Exo Terra UV Lighting Reflective Hood - £12
- Heat Lamp and Bulb Guard - £5
- Habistat Temperature Thermostat - £30
- Brand New Unused with box and instructions Habistat Cool Control (to control the fans) - £40
- Dual AC Infinity Fans - £10
- Digital 24hr/7days Timer for rain system
- Tubing and nozzles for rain system (will need to be installed)
- 2 x Water pumps for rain system/waterfall (will need to be installed) - £10
- 2 x Extensions Leads - £10
- Plant pots, etc
- The branches which are in the vivarium in the photos are NOT included - decoration and foliage can be purchased cheaply online

The cabinet measures as follows:

Floor to Top (Total Height): 52inch/132cm
Top Cabinet Height: 35inch/90cm
Bottom Cupboard Height: 9inch/22cm
Width: 27.5inch/70cm

Please see below a full description of the cabinet:

As mentioned this was an antique solid mahogany display case which has been transformed into a fully functional vivarium for any medium sized tree dwelling reptile.

To start with I waterproofed the interior of the cabinet by sealing all the corners with aquarium grade waterproof silicone and painted the sides, bottom, top and back with 3 coats of pond safe waterproof paint.

I then constructed the background which i had designed to incorporate a waterfall and pond at the bottom which I never got round to finishing so currently use as a plant pot. This could easily be emptied however and used once the pump is fitted as the tubing for the waterfall and sprinklers for the rain system are in place. I will include 2 pumps, one for the waterfall and one for the rain system as well as a 24hr 7 day timer to control the time the rain comes on and off.

The entire cabinet is fully water protected but if you were to go ahead and fit the pump and use the rain system I would suggests drilling through bottom of the top cabinet so excess water can drain into a reservoir in the bottom cupboard.

As this was designed for a Chameleon which I never got round to getting it has space for a number of plant pots so that real plants can grow naturally under the UV lights. If this is also your intention please RESEARCH which plants are SAFE to go in a vivarium as it is possible that any reptile might eat them and they could be POISONOUS.

I have installed all the necessary lighting which will come included, this includes a heat lamp and lamp guard as well as the UV light reflector hood. The heat light is connected to a Habistat Temperature Thermostat with the temperature probe being placed about 4-6inch from the heat source to regulate the maxim temperature at the top of the vivarium where the Chameleon spends most their time.

The vivarium has 4 round air vents on one side (all netted on the inside to stop crickets escaping) , with a large rectangular air vent at the top on the side with 2 fans below. The fans are connected to a Brand New Habistat Cool Control so that if it gets hotter then the desired temperature at the bottom they will both come on, one blowing cool air in and pushing warm air upward and the other extracting warm air from the top, blowing it out of the vivarium. This is not only good to regulate the temperature but also greatly improves air circulation to avoid stagnant air build up and mould growth.

All the sticks in the photos are not included as I will use them for my other reptile. However there are a number of ropes from one side of the vivarium to the other and ledges on the side, all of which can be used to put plants, foliage, branches and sticks on.

This truly is a one-off, bespoke vivarium that is complete, fully functional and ready to go...

Good Luck and Happy Bidding...!!

P.S - Open to sensible offers with cash on collection from Balham, London, SW12
Attached Thumbnails
Reptile Vivarium - Cabinet Conversion - Solid Antique Mahogany-img_1276.jpg  

Reptile Vivarium - Cabinet Conversion - Solid Antique Mahogany-img_1274.jpg  

Reptile Vivarium - Cabinet Conversion - Solid Antique Mahogany-img_1261.jpg  

Reptile Vivarium - Cabinet Conversion - Solid Antique Mahogany-img_1273.jpg  

Reptile Vivarium - Cabinet Conversion - Solid Antique Mahogany-img_1278.jpg  

Last edited by Rio; 07-01-2018 at 06:09 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
vivarium for sale