HELP: Smashed Exo Terra Door - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Equipment & Supplies
Register RFUK Articles Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Old 16-10-2019, 04:54 PM
Hatchling
Default HELP: Smashed Exo Terra Door

Hey all,

I managed to smash one of the doors on my exo terra 60 x 90 x 45 (W X H X D). I've already contacted Hagen but in all honesty they were very unhelpful, stating that they couldn't send a replacement due to health and safety and then when pushed further that they have no replacement parts as they're made in the far east.

This is despite it being apparent from other posts online that doors are routinely replaced in the U.S.

Unfortunately this isn't just a case of getting a glazier to replace the glass as the plastic part on the door trim that creates a hinge with the frame also broke. Hagen also said they couldn't send me a replacement door trim.

Can anyone offer any advice or help on how to fix this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-10-2019, 10:51 AM
Postaholic Member

Whilst not ideal and you'd have to find your pet/s a new home for 24 hours but you could get a glazier to cut you a piece of glass to size and silicone it place replacing the whole door including the plastic parts. You'll just have 1 opening door instead of 2.

I'm sure you could fathom a lock out.
Takydromus likes this.
Jack Torrance: Mr. Grady. You were the caretaker here. I recognize ya. I saw your picture in the newspapers. You, uh, chopped your wife and daughters up into little bits. And then you blew your brains out.

Grady: That's strange, sir. I don't have any recollection of that at all.
Old 18-10-2019, 05:11 PM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basin79 View Post
Whilst not ideal and you'd have to find your pet/s a new home for 24 hours but you could get a glazier to cut you a piece of glass to size and silicone it place replacing the whole door including the plastic parts. You'll just have 1 opening door instead of 2.

I'm sure you could fathom a lock out.
You're right this might be the only option

Tags
exo terra door , hagen , replacement door