Habistat dimming stat - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Equipment & Supplies

Old 03-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Forum Citizen
Default Habistat dimming stat

Hi Chaps and chapettes

I am looking to replace my dimming stat as its very temperamental.Its a microclimate one..And to be honest I don't like it at all...I definitely do not want to go into winter with a dgy stat on my hands.
I did have a Habistat one but this broke very soon after buying it..I sent it back to the shop they refunded me..I thought that "oh best try another one as dont want this happening again" and hence bought the microclimate one..

Now i would like to go back to the habistat one as the pulse one for Fudge the crested gecko works perfectly no probs at all..

There are two types though the high range thermostat and I think the "normal" one..
Can anyone tell me the difference??As daft as it sounds they both seem to be the same.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideysare View Post
Hi Chaps and chapettes

I am looking to replace my dimming stat as its very temperamental.Its a microclimate one..And to be honest I don't like it at all...I definitely do not want to go into winter with a dgy stat on my hands.
I did have a Habistat one but this broke very soon after buying it..I sent it back to the shop they refunded me..I thought that "oh best try another one as dont want this happening again" and hence bought the microclimate one..

Now i would like to go back to the habistat one as the pulse one for Fudge the crested gecko works perfectly no probs at all..

There are two types though the high range thermostat and I think the "normal" one..
Can anyone tell me the difference??As daft as it sounds they both seem to be the same.

Thank you
The high range one just means that the stat can go to a higher tempature for say Beardies etc.
Also if you ring microclimate i am sure Clive and co will sort out your stat for you as they have great customer service like Habistat.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Forum Citizen

I could do although I forget where I purchased it from and I would have to purchase another one whilst microclimate have a look at it..I found the microclimate one" dimmed" a lot more than the habistat one..Same bulbs being used( Tesco 100w ones)
It is for a beardie so I think I will go for the higher range version. I could always keep the microclimate one for emergencies.
I need a new UV Bulb also...Have to find out which one I got originally!! Buy so many things for these reps n things I forget the size and wattage and goodness knows what else!
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideysare View Post
I could do although I forget where I purchased it from and I would have to purchase another one whilst microclimate have a look at it..I found the microclimate one" dimmed" a lot more than the habistat one..Same bulbs being used( Tesco 100w ones)
It is for a beardie so I think I will go for the higher range version. I could always keep the microclimate one for emergencies.
I need a new UV Bulb also...Have to find out which one I got originally!! Buy so many things for these reps n things I forget the size and wattage and goodness knows what else!
Thanks
IF it dimmed a lot more, could that not just mean it had come to the correct temperature? Did you measure the temps with a thermometer?

Dave

Old 03-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Banned

If your looking for a new stat, in a whole new league to microclimate or habistat, check out our new iSTAT Pulse.

The iSTAT Pulse is a high temperature thermostat, this means you dont have to buy a high temperature version like microclimate and habistat.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:02 AM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSTAT View Post
If your looking for a new stat, in a whole new league to microclimate or habistat, check out our new iSTAT Pulse.
The iSTAT Pulse is a high temperature thermostat, this means you dont have to buy a high temperature version like microclimate and habistat.
Mmmm.....
Lets hope ISAT (bet the ISAT ISTAT - International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading aren't happy with that name being used) are around in 25 Years to offer Customer service that Habistat offer.
And lets hope ISTAT has product liability insurance for when problems occur.....
Old 04-09-2012, 10:26 AM
Banned

Hi Peter,

Thanks for pointing out the link with reference to the use of iSTAT.
Here are a few more;

iStat Pro, a Dashboard Widget by iSlayer
Istat.it - Home
ISTAT - International Society of Transport Aircraft Trading
i-STAT® System | Point-of-Care Testing | Handheld Blood Analyzer | Abbott Point of Care.com
iStat Menus, a Mac app by Bjango
i-STAT Portable Clinical Analyser, Point Of Care Testing Equipment

Oh and then theres also the last 5 characters of your own name habiSTAT

As for liability insurance thats all in order, aswell as the fact that the safety features on the iSTAT Pulse far surpass that of the habistat ranges.

And i stand by my statement that the iSTAT Pulse is in a completely different league to that of habistat and microclimate.
Its time for change, you may have customer service for the last 25 years, its a pitty you havnt changed your design in that time.
Old 04-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Ultra Citizen

Hi ISTAT,
As you are aware I have replied to the PM you sent me.
Before you start criticising and questioning safety aspects perhaps you should think carefully.
Habistat have been around 25 years and have a product with a reliability reputation second to none. As you may (or may not) know, this is all important when protecting the well being of peoples animals.
I have no idea who you are but you should try to sell your product on merit and at the moment you have no brand reputation or track record.
I wish you well but please do not criticise others inapproprately when no one knows who you are or where you may be in a Years time should they need to contact you!
Another point is that, as you mention in your PM, ISAT is very close to HabISAT and as you are applying your product into the same market as Habistat this may well be a trade mark infringement.

Last edited by peterf; 04-09-2012 at 10:59 AM..
Old 04-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Ultra Citizen

Feels like a knee jerk response by the head of a company threatened by a new product lol

Dave
Dubia82 likes this.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:56 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by my_shed View Post
Feels like a knee jerk response by the head of a company threatened by a new product lol
Dave
Hi Dave,
Not at all- just what any Company would do to protect it's products reputation.
I have no axe to grind with ISTAT but lets not forget recent posts with regard to thermostats purchased from Forttex. Everyone saying how great they are and within a Year the same people asking where Forttex have gone as their thermostats have failed.
Every Company starts somewhere and it takes hard work to succeed.
I would say its best not to criticise the competition but to work at making your new product a great product.
Seems you have an axe to grind about Habistat as this was your last post on Habistat.
"More cheap crap that barely squeaks through quality standards?"
Another inappropriate and vastly incorrect statement but not unusual of forums it sadly seems.

Tags
dimming stat , istat , pulse