FREE Vivexotic Heat Mat Holder to test! - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Equipment & Supplies

Old 25-06-2013, 01:01 PM
Regular
Default FREE Vivexotic Heat Mat Holder to test!

Hi everyone,

Here at Vivexotic HQ we've been thinking about the way heat mats are installed in wooden vivariums. We know that heat mats work fantastically well when applied to the underside of a glass terrarium (such as an Exo Terra enclosure) but when applied to the base of a wooden viv they can come unstuck or animals can burrow under them and potentially come to harm. So we've developed a heat mat holder designed to safely and effectively install a heat mat inside your viv. We'd like to hear your opinion of it so if you would like to be a Vivexotic product tester please get in touch. You must have an existing wooden vivarium in which you house desert dwelling species and be willing to fill in an online questionnaire about your experience with this new and unique item. You'll receive the heat mat holder and a new heat mat to use with it - you will need to supply your own thermostat.

If you would like to be involved please send an e-mail to:
[email protected]
with your full name, address and information on the vivarium you intend to test it in.

Please note applications are first come first served and we only have a limited amount.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 26-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Regular

Do you have any left for trial?
Old 26-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Regular

I have a 4 foot vivexotic vivarium and have cypress mulch as bedding. I have put a heat mat inside the tank with a Perspex sheet with small holes drilled into it. It is controlled with a habistat digital thermostat. If this would qualify for the test, I would be happy to test one. I know desert substrates are safe so other types of bedding needs consideration otherwise it will put people of buying your vivs. We nearly did not buy for this reason.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 27-06-2013, 05:42 PM
Regular

Hi, yes we do have some left, please contact us at [email protected]
Old 01-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Gold Star Member

Hey there, I sent an email off with my information to the above address. Do you still have these available for trial?

If you have any concerns, doubts or worries about your animals health always consult a qualified veterinarian (with the necessary experience).

Nobody can properly diagnose an animal based on descriptions and photos. Especially when those animals, such as reptiles, have a small list of visible symptoms than can be found across a large range of problems.

Always see a vet. Don't let strangers on the internet make you do something you'll regret. They won't take responsibility.
Old 29-08-2013, 10:57 AM
Regular
Default Update

Hi guys, just an update for those of you that have registered for this trial and are waiting for your heat mat holders. Really sorry about the delay, the issue isn't with the holders but with the heat mats themselves, we have been out of stock of the required size mat for a few weeks now but we have just received them and we should be getting your holder and mat sent off to you this week.

Thanks for waiting!
iwantacrestie and Jesterone like this.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Super Citizen

Just received my test holder and heat mat by courier. Looking at either putting it in with my Leo or for my Beardies night time heat. Will decide later, after our guests have been to see our new baby girl

- John
Old 04-09-2013, 04:43 PM
Regular
Send a message via Skype™ to Jenius20

Do you have any more of these available for testing?
Old 04-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Premier Citizen

Received mine today! Thank you. Will give it a few weeks and leave feed back. Upon opening I am surprised it isn't a sealed unit as such so liquid could still get under it.
Ill see how we get on.
Thanks
Old 04-09-2013, 06:44 PM
Gold Star Member

Think mine came today but I was at work. I've rang TNT to redeliver

If you have any concerns, doubts or worries about your animals health always consult a qualified veterinarian (with the necessary experience).

Nobody can properly diagnose an animal based on descriptions and photos. Especially when those animals, such as reptiles, have a small list of visible symptoms than can be found across a large range of problems.

Always see a vet. Don't let strangers on the internet make you do something you'll regret. They won't take responsibility.

Tags
free vivexotic heat mat