Houten 20 september layout uploaded - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > General > Reptile Shows & Breeder Meetings > EU Shows

Old 30-08-2020, 12:51 PM
Super Regular
Default Houten 20 september layout uploaded

Just surfed on the Vhm-events website and noticed the list of sellers and room layouts have been published. got to say rooms look rammed with tables.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-08-2020, 08:12 PM

I can't see many Brits going with the quarantine restrictions.
Old 31-08-2020, 10:04 AM
Super Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinm View Post
I can't see many Brits going with the quarantine restrictions.
3 weeks to the show and the way the infections jump up and down infections could rocket or be down to allow quarantine being lifted. However, as the public ticket booking system goes live tomorrow and maybe there will be an instant response snapping up all tickets quick, anybody wanting to go will probably have to grab tickets tomorrow. Also as for quarantine appears there are a few waiving that by going over as couriers. Also not too sure if that right to waive quarantine will also apply to shops or commercial breeders claiming they are sourcing business stock. The latter, and with the show jammed packed with sellers, looks like it will be in plentiful supply.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-08-2020, 04:54 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry python View Post
and with the show jammed packed with sellers, looks like it will be in plentiful supply.
That last statement would worry me... I would hope that the organisers follow some form of social distancing protocol rather than let everyone rub shoulder to shoulder.

As for isolation, if you travel from Aberdeen you are required to self isolate on arrival in the Netherlands for 10 days. And as from 13/8/20 anyone travelling from the Netherlands or France are required to self isolate for 14 days upon their return. Other than that it would seem that if you travel direct from the UK you don't need to isolate on arrival. However it would seem that you must self isolate when you arrive back in the UK, as the Netherlands were removed from the exemption list on 14/8. So if your're scottish, the long weekend to the show could result in three and a half weeks in isolation !
colinm likes this.

Malc

Old 01-09-2020, 12:58 PM
Super Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc View Post
That last statement would worry me... I would hope that the organisers follow some form of social distancing protocol rather than let everyone rub shoulder to shoulder.

As for isolation, if you travel from Aberdeen you are required to self isolate on arrival in the Netherlands for 10 days. And as from 13/8/20 anyone travelling from the Netherlands or France are required to self isolate for 14 days upon their return. Other than that it would seem that if you travel direct from the UK you don't need to isolate on arrival. However it would seem that you must self isolate when you arrive back in the UK, as the Netherlands were removed from the exemption list on 14/8. So if your're scottish, the long weekend to the show could result in three and a half weeks in isolation !
Don't think sellers will be the problem as whilst there may be a lot of tables many of the sellers have multiple tables. More the problem is the number of Joe Public allowed in at one time. Also still three weeks away and with authorities now more experienced at targeting hotspots it may be the case quarantine is lifted before the show. Re Aderdeen no problem as the Scottish Dictator Nicola Surgeon, nee Crankie, said she had eradicated it at her daily proclamation event on TV yesterday.

Tags
houten show