Signature Is Not Working? - Page 3 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Off Topic > Forum Help, Suggestions & News

Old 30-09-2018, 11:00 AM

All of the other gifs have been removed.

Just give up on it. It's only a gif for heaven's sake. Any more idiotic comments and I will hit the infraction button. You have been warned.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-09-2018, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentyeggs View Post
So do I. And I feel like I am being picked on because i questioned one mod who got this wrong. There would be no reason to use the words "large" and give a max limit of 1 Megabyte and THEN allow you to upload the gif file type when they could have just removed the option. I am contacting the Administrators about this. And If I feel like I am being ganged up on and picked on, I will also be screen shotting the names of the people. along with the thread.
They were probably missed not 'allowed'. If your feeling picked on you can complain to admin. You are not being picked on by the mods we are doing what we are supposed to do. We are interpreting it as no gifs at all that's how it reads to us.
ian14 likes this.
Old 30-09-2018, 11:06 AM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinm View Post
All of the other gifs have been removed.*

Just give up on it. It's only a gif for heaven's sake. Any more idiotic comments and I will hit the infraction button. You have been warned.
*No they haven't, I've just looked at a moving one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-09-2018, 11:20 AM

Tell me who it is and I will remove it.
Old 30-09-2018, 11:21 AM
Regular

Quote:
All of the other gifs have been removed.

I don't feel like I am being fairly treated. Maybe this is nothing to you, but I feel like I followed the rules as they are written and being given hell for it. Now you are calling me idiotic. And you are threatening me with an infraction if I continue to have this discussion. This is text book bullying.
Old 30-09-2018, 11:23 AM

Take it how you like it . Just shut up and get back on the forum.
DaOG likes this.
Old 30-09-2018, 11:30 AM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie1962 View Post
They were probably missed not 'allowed'. If your feeling picked on you can complain to admin. You are not being picked on by the mods we are doing what we are supposed to do. We are interpreting it as no gifs at all that's how it reads to us.
And all I am asking is why you interpret it as no gif period. The Rule specifically states:
"No large (1mb+) .gif or moving images"

If you take the opposite of this sentence, it says:

Yes Small (-1mb) gif. and moving images

No mod has explained yet why the rule give us a size limit of 1megabyte concerning uploading a gif. Can I please ask again why you see this as no period, when there are instructions on how to upload a gif successfully? The statement is saying you can upload small gifs under 1 megabyte... How am I wrong?
Old 30-09-2018, 11:38 AM
Regular

Quote:
Take it how you like it . Just shut up and get back on the forum.

Colinm, I am on the forum. under the forum help, suggestions and news, with a legitimate question and discussion that nobody seems to be explaining. All I am getting is a "do it because I said so." which is not one of a mod responsibilities unless we are breaking a rule. And I am not breaking a rule by having this discussion. And I am trying to find out why some mods are ignoring some parts of a rule and accepting others.

The rule has the words no large gifs STOP.. meaning, you can have small gifs..... (1mb+) stop.. this is the maximum limit for the gif... or moving pictures, stop... this is to cover all the bases in case there is another type of moving picture that is not called a gif... Those words are in the rule. "large" and "(1mb+)" they are part of the rule. ignoring these words is ignoring the rule. Again, I may be mistaken, but so far nobody has explained to me why these words are here. and they have not explained why they mean no gifs are allow period when it sounds like they are.
ian14 likes this.
Old 30-09-2018, 11:42 AM

I've had enough of this puerile rubbish.
Closed Thread