Help regarding cookies notification - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Off Topic > Forum Help, Suggestions & News

Old 31-08-2020, 07:37 AM
Ultra Citizen
Default Help regarding cookies notification

All of a sudden I keep getting a huge square come up regarding cookies. I have tried to get rid of this but no joy. Literally every time I click to view a post or ad it appears and I have to click on it before I can continue. Does anyone know how I can alter this please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-08-2020, 07:47 AM
Premier Member

Must be local to your machine or browser. I can view classified adds without issue.

Malc

Old 31-08-2020, 09:02 AM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc View Post
Must be local to your machine or browser. I can view classified adds without issue.
Its so annoying its literally every time you click it appears and you have to click I understand for it to go. It doesn't happen on the phone just the laptop
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-08-2020, 04:06 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphman View Post
Its so annoying its literally every time you click it appears and you have to click I understand for it to go. It doesn't happen on the phone just the laptop
It could be a browser setting, or the AV software on the laptop objecting to the cookies being saved ?

Try a different browser (Edge - yuk I know, but just for testing, or Firefox) If you get the same then this would rule out the browser security settings. If Edge or Firefox work, and Chrome is your browser of choice, then check Chrome's security settings as the option to clear cookies and site data on exit may have been enabled.

Malc

Old 31-08-2020, 06:06 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc View Post
It could be a browser setting, or the AV software on the laptop objecting to the cookies being saved ?

Try a different browser (Edge - yuk I know, but just for testing, or Firefox) If you get the same then this would rule out the browser security settings. If Edge or Firefox work, and Chrome is your browser of choice, then check Chrome's security settings as the option to clear cookies and site data on exit may have been enabled.
Thanks Malc yes I think your on the right track when opened in chrome it doesn't happen. Thanks,I appreciate your help I will get a mate to look at it who's a bit better with computers than me,lol.
Malc likes this.
Old 08-09-2020, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Check your settings in your main browser to see if any cookies are being blocked. If you have any form of adblocker or cookie blocker added on, that could be the cause too.

If you've changed nothing there, you might just need to clear your cookies and cache for the site. If something didn't load properly once, it can cause a file corruption which prevents your choice from being saved to your browser

Kevin
Old 08-09-2020, 09:49 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSadmin View Post
Check your settings in your main browser to see if any cookies are being blocked. If you have any form of adblocker or cookie blocker added on, that could be the cause too.

If you've changed nothing there, you might just need to clear your cookies and cache for the site. If something didn't load properly once, it can cause a file corruption which prevents your choice from being saved to your browser

Kevin
Thanks Kevin its ok now Im using Chrome appreciate your help