Snake keeping mid life crisis is it right? - Page 3 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > General > General Herp Chat

Old 24-02-2009, 06:33 PM
Ultra Citizen
Send a message via MSN to PythonPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABU View Post
i'm 48. it's great! you don't have all that "your future" stuff anymore. i can do what i want, done paid the dues and the world can kiss my **s! when you hit 45 or 50 you have already made it. now you can keep snakes or do or go wherever you want... no more "one day you'll get old" crap... 50+ year olds run the world.

so don't worry about this little thing we do...

I agree with you HABU and im 48 too, old enough to make my own mind up about what i want to do ...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 24-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Hatchling

Never too old, me and the wife have a combined age of 75 and we plan on having them forever.
Old 24-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Posting Deity
Send a message via MSN to HABU

Quote:
Originally Posted by PythonPaul View Post
I agree with you HABU and im 48 too, old enough to make my own mind up about what i want to do ...lol

i hear you! we spend a couple of decades being sucked into nonsense in general and one day you wake up and decide that you serve no one. sure you have a gut and that knee hurts but after a while you get so tired of sitting there watching other, younger people make the very same bone-head mistakes that we did at that age..... then those younger folks have the nerve to tell you just how irrelevant you are in their minds at least, but when the sh*t hit's the fan you see their wide and empty eyes staring at you.

hey, us MATURE men and women have done all this nonsense before.

at 40 or 50 you don't need people's blessings. especially from a child.

no, you don't ever have to explain yourself to anyone once you have been through the gauntlet that we call life.

i could right now just drop dead from a heart attack or a stroke, i'll be damned if some fool gets on my back and has the nerve to try to tell me what i need to do.... like they know these things eh?

no, at 48, what the sam hell do you think i'll be at in 10 or 20 years?

no, at 40 or more you done did all that nonsense and don't have to answer to anyone. we are old salts at this game we call life.

some kid will try to tell me what i should do.... you know, and i look them up and down and tell them... straight-up that they aren't worthy of my attention let alone my advice.

no,... you never have to pay attention to anyone unless they are sensible and respectful. any kid that thinks he's all that is mistaken and should be put in his place.

... i used to turn the other cheek and actually listened to critics. no more.

if you want a this or a that and if it feels good, then toss any crap that people tend to dish out.... right along with the other pile of dumb stuff that you have in the trash heap of your mind.

if it pleases you then it is right... kids say i shouldn't smoke...

why? because it may kill me?... f**k! at 50 you done beat the odds... likely should have been killed 10 times over by now....

get you that animal or car or go on that trip.... anyone that has made it for this long deserves it.

the reaper is in your garden just waiting.... those nay-sayers need to be introduced to him.... he doesn't play!

Advertisement

Old 25-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Ultra Citizen

HABU!!!
no,... you never have to pay attention to anyone unless they are sensible and respectful. any kid that thinks he's all that is mistaken and should be put in his place.
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/snake...thon-sale.html
Old 25-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABU View Post
some kid will try to tell me what i should do.... you know, and i look them up and down and tell them... straight-up that they aren't worthy of my attention let alone my advice.

Gotta love this bit!
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/snake...thon-sale.html
Old 25-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Default Age

I am over 60, my attitude is that I now do exactly what
I want and answer only to myself.
You can do anything you wish, with age comes wisdom
it is ONLY acquired through continual life experiences.
Just go for it.
Keith