Portsmouth reptile & amphibian society - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > General > General Herp Chat

Old 08-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Super Citizen
Default Portsmouth reptile & amphibian society

Hi Everyone,
Just thought I'd pop a post on here to let those that don't already know, PRAS meets once a month at the Royal British Legion, Sixth Avenue, Cosham on the third monday of every month at 8pm.

21st September!!!

Please feel free to pop along with your reptile pets (please bring them in a suitable container or bag until you are inside the hall where you can get them out to show others if you wish). There are often a variety of reptiles and inverts at the meetings, so if you feel like a social evening pop along and say hello. Bringing a pet is not essential as there will be others there to see. Its a good place to make local friends and maybe get a little help if needed or even give some help and knowledge to others in your area.

Most of us have promised not to bite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2009, 11:46 AM
Forum Citizen

Me and the oh really want to join We're deffinatly going to be popping along one day to meet all of you lol, hope we get the right place, could be a lil embarrasing walking up to a random bunch of strangers holding a snake lol who else on here is part of pras?
Old 10-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Forum Citizen

we are members

Old 10-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Super Citizen

You'll know you've got the right place as soon as you walk in the door!!!
Old 10-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Forum Citizen

lol I hope so lol, apart from the meetings and the shows hat ese do you lot do x
Old 10-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Super Citizen

there is a group of us that get together and do talks and displays at schools colleges OAPs homes and other clubs we also attend five or six different county shows a year where we put on bigger displays with our animals and try to educate people about 'nasty' 'horrible' 'scary' reptiles and amphibs. There is also have a conservation team that help keeping a few local conservation areas up together. (pond clearing, bramble cutting, newt counting etc).
No-one is paid we all do it for the fun and pleasure of meeting likewise people. We have a laugh a few BBQs, some trips out to other places of interest. Since joining the club I have been able to go behind the scenes of some very interesting places whilst doing displays, yes sometimes its hard work but it is always fun.
I personally have met some very good friends since joining the club and also now own some really nice animals that have come direct from the people that have bred them which in turn has given me access to a whole world of knowledge and experience.
( thank you to those breeders ).

Its the same as most hobbies -you only get out of it -if you put into it!
Old 10-09-2009, 11:16 PM
Postaholic Member

I went along to the last meeting to get loads of advice about Corn Snakes & breeders details. This time i'll be coming along with my 2 new additions & will be joining up .

Member 29559

Old 11-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Forum Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratley View Post
there is a group of us that get together and do talks and displays at schools colleges OAPs homes and other clubs we also attend five or six different county shows a year where we put on bigger displays with our animals and try to educate people about 'nasty' 'horrible' 'scary' reptiles and amphibs. There is also have a conservation team that help keeping a few local conservation areas up together. (pond clearing, bramble cutting, newt counting etc).
No-one is paid we all do it for the fun and pleasure of meeting likewise people. We have a laugh a few BBQs, some trips out to other places of interest. Since joining the club I have been able to go behind the scenes of some very interesting places whilst doing displays, yes sometimes its hard work but it is always fun.
I personally have met some very good friends since joining the club and also now own some really nice animals that have come direct from the people that have bred them which in turn has given me access to a whole world of knowledge and experience.
( thank you to those breeders ).

Its the same as most hobbies -you only get out of it -if you put into it!
Sounds brilliant