Going on holiday - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > General > General Herp Chat

Old 21-06-2007, 11:20 PM
Default Going on holiday

As the title says im going on holiday in august...so its not too far away and obviously i cannot take stroodle with me so we asked my brother to come in of a morning and turn his lights on and off and give him some salad and feed him his crickets. But my brother has to work nights so he cant do it. We are going to ask some friends to help us as they live just up the road to us, but they wont do the crickets so i thought of using the pelets but dont know much about them so could you tell me if they are any good please?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 21-06-2007, 11:44 PM
Postaholic Member

Where in Essex are you? If you get stuck I could always look after the beardie here (if you bring the viv). Either that or some shops offer a holiday service.
Old 21-06-2007, 11:47 PM
Gold Star Member

dont think many people recommend the pellets? like fangio said some shops do it! but if you no anyone off here that dont live to far then would be best to give them a knock!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-06-2007, 10:46 AM

I will ask my reptile shop, we know him quite well as we are going on holiday to the same place as he is going. Please dont take this the wrong way and ive said it to other people on here who have offered, i am truely greatful to all your offers, i will consider them and include them into my decision BUT you have to understand that i dont know any of you personally and it is a little unsettaling handing him over to someone i dont know. Not to say that you are gonna nick him or you are gonna hurt him because you all have beardies or other reptiles that you care for but its like a parent leaving a child with someone else. But i will consider your offers. Fangio....i wont be able to bring his viv to you lol its rather large lol was a struggle to get it from the person i got it from to home lol
Old 22-06-2007, 07:21 PM
Postaholic Member

I totally understand that you don't know me etc. but as I say, if you get stuck..... I can recommend a couple of good shops that'll help if you need it.
Old 22-06-2007, 07:31 PM
Ultra Citizen

i would if he was my beardy cos u never no what people with no expearience will do, when i left my boa with some friends they got her out every night and took her out side, and this was in december, i had a go at them. lol...
Old 22-06-2007, 07:35 PM

What i might do is when i next go up to the shop to get some crickets, i will ask him if he can look after him for the week, we are quite familiar with him so he might do it. Thanks for your replies and if he wont do it and i cannot get anyone i will consider all your offers
Old 22-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Gold Star Member

If they dont 'do' crickets, do what i do when i get friends to help... get the crickets you need for the week and separate them into portion sizes for each day in diff cricket tubs. Label each one with a sticker saying the day to be fedi.e. mon, tues wed etc, and tell them just to take off the lid and put the whole tub in the viv each day, removing the previous days tub before they put the new one in. They wont have to touch any, esp if its the last thing they do before they leave. Oh and get a timer for your lights, you can get packs of 2 from Ikea for really cheap

Whites Tree Frogs, Litorea caerulea
Crested Geckos, Rhacodactylus ciliatus
Mossy Geckos, Rhacodactylus chahoua
Golden Retriever (Harvey)

Pets name: Fagin
Adopt your own!
Old 22-06-2007, 08:58 PM
Ultra Citizen

timers are well worth getting even for every day use, it safes u going to turn them off every night and back on in the morning.
Old 23-06-2007, 12:22 AM

Funny you should say that bout timers Art_Geko...we went out and bought some timers today lol and i will talk to them to see if they will do that, it would be so much better if they could do it, i dont really want him on these pelets but i cannot have him go out with the protien he needs lol, but yea thanks for that ill be seeing them tomorrow so ill explain that to them and see how it goes. thanks.