Breeding in the BEL complex - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Genetics

Old 04-09-2019, 05:11 PM
RFUK Premium Membership
Default Breeding in the BEL complex

Iím planning to start breeding in the BEL complex for balls. So far, it seems like Mojave x Lesser is the sensible choice. Do you agree?

I canít find an answer to this one however - does it make any difference whatsoever if itís a Mojave female to Lesser male, or the other way around??? Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2019, 12:46 PM
Gold Star Member

I'll let you know when the 9 eggs from a Lesser x Lesser Pastel pairing hatch out in around 28 days time....

From my research, the Mojave gene produces more of an ivory white white / cream white where as Lesser produces a brilliant bright white, so its down to personal preference as to what gene you use.
Stu Haysman likes this.

Malc

Old 05-09-2019, 02:49 PM
RFUK Premium Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malc View Post
I'll let you know when the 9 eggs from a Lesser x Lesser Pastel pairing hatch out in around 28 days time....

From my research, the Mojave gene produces more of an ivory white white / cream white where as Lesser produces a brilliant bright white, so its down to personal preference as to what gene you use.
Thanks for the response, sounds like youíll be there well before me then!! Canít wait to see the pics when they hatch - I hope youíll post them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2019, 10:08 PM
Premier Citizen

I have seen claims that super lesser BELS are prone to having bugeyes while lesser/mojave BELs are not. https://ball-pythons.net/forums/show...eyed-Leucistic There seems to be some disagreement though. If so, then mating a mojave to a lesser (expectation is 1/4 lesser/mojave) seems a better choice than lesser x lesser.

As far as I know, it does not matter whether the mating is mojave female to lesser male or the other way around.

Tags
ball python , lesser , mojave