New PVC build, mk2's, this one is for my BCI... - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Habitat > Habitat Pictures

Old 02-11-2014, 11:17 PM
Premier Citizen
Lightbulb New PVC build, mk2's, this one is for my BCI...

Had some spare PVCX left over from another build, and deceived it was time to upgrade by hogg islan BCI's enclosure, had enough material for a nicely sezied 4ft; this one is a phthalates/plasticizers free PVCX, no cadmium/mercury etc

Its nearly finished...currently got acrylic doors, but as they don't splide as smoothly as glass I might replace them

started out as a single sheet of offcut PVC...routed, heat folded and cemented/sealed

eventually turned into this...

its

fully fitted LED lighting, and got a built in self heated perch (which is going to be covered with twine for a more natural look and more grip for the snake), and holds a nice range of stable temps 28C-45C on stat in a 18C+ room

the perch has been designed to be a radiant heater, aswell as a basking hospot...but this is a slightly different design to previous ones I've made, so I don't know what affect it will have on ambient temps...we'll see over the next few weeks once its fully cemented and sealed and ready to use

Uncontrolled the perch provides a gradient range of temp from 30C to 51C (after running 24hrs in an 18C room), controlled it offers whatever temp you want in an area about 1/3 of its width, and tapers off to one side (to around 30C in the tests I've done)
Antw23uk and TWreptiles like this.

Last edited by CloudForest; 02-11-2014 at 11:25 PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Premier Citizen

turned out the doors weren't stiff, a small piece of plastic was hiding under one corner of the viv and made the whole thing twist just enough to jam the doors up

new heated perch design is working amazingly well, previous design had a max temp of 38C uncontrolled, but this one, which is exactly the same power, has been kicking out 58C now its been running for ~48hours+ - and its also raised the ambient temp of the enclosure to 30C (room temp still at 18C) - will be running it for the rest of the week at 36C and see how well the ambient temps hold up, if it can maintain 23C or higher in an 18C room I'll be very happy!
Antw23uk likes this.

Tags
cloudforest enclosures