New albino california kingsnake vivarium. - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Habitat > Habitat Pictures

Old 31-10-2018, 05:18 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincubus View Post
Na .... as a shelf / layer it's fine as along as there are no sharp edges and the snake can't get trapped anywhere .... personally I'd make the rack more natural by attaching some fake silk /plastic foliage though .

Hot glue is fabulous stuff .. it's strong and durable ( and safe ) whilst being non-permanent.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It's also hot as the burns on my fingers prove

Thanks. I had been contemplating doing something like that. Thinking of getting more of the ones I've used in the corners - some to bulk those corner ones out, one each on the central "pillars" (the small vines help break it up but I still dislike seeing them as they are) and maybe another one or two (fixed to the top of the shelf and bottom but just left loose along the length of the tiles - can climb in and out or just climb over the top that way) or would you advise glueing them down along the length?

Sorry in advance for any/all stupid questions but then the only stupid question is the one left unasked.

I'm also blogging about the journey along the way - https://firstsnakejourney.wordpress.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 31-10-2018, 06:45 PM
Postaholic Member
Default New albino california kingsnake vivarium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstSnakeJourney View Post
It's also hot as the burns on my fingers prove

Thanks. I had been contemplating doing something like that. Thinking of getting more of the ones I've used in the corners - some to bulk those corner ones out, one each on the central "pillars" (the small vines help break it up but I still dislike seeing them as they are) and maybe another one or two (fixed to the top of the shelf and bottom but just left loose along the length of the tiles - can climb in and out or just climb over the top that way) or would you advise glueing them down along the length?

Yeah those type of fake plants look great and you can place them so they cover up any 'straight' lines so it looks as natural as possible .. they can be hot glued or jammed in place ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by Zincubus; 31-10-2018 at 06:53 PM..
Old 02-11-2018, 09:59 AM
Regular

Thanks again for the input.

Have put a few more of the garlands in, including along the shelf. Those have been left loose and will probably be moved around by the snake if it uses the shelf at all.

The large lump of rock on the bottom left hide is in response to the advice on another thread about the Arcadia Deep Heat Projector and needing at least half an inch of slate under it. I started to have doubts that there was enough there so I took a small hide I made as a "proof of concept" and filled in the hole. It has definitely seemed to help.

I still have the top half of the cd rack that I am thinking about mounting on the back of the vivarium as a "climbing frame". I can get screw in clips from Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07...Q16WFK60&psc=1 (which I can also use to keep the stat probe in place) but there's a potential issue with the "bare" ends (it's just a metal frame). Would you leave it as it is or protect the ends somehow? If so, how? I used the wooden balls to cover the end of the shelf. I've seen polystyrene balls but think they'll give off fumes over time. Have thought about pingpong/table tennis balls with a small slit for the ends to fit into. Or is there a better option? (I'll be wrapping another garland around the frame and maybe even a fake potted plant in one of the sections.
Attached Thumbnails
New albino california kingsnake vivarium.-dsc_01415991927172725934932.jpg  

New albino california kingsnake vivarium.-dsc_01429210096166084855047.jpg  

New albino california kingsnake vivarium.-dsc_01435211922517317317069.jpg  

Sorry in advance for any/all stupid questions but then the only stupid question is the one left unasked.

I'm also blogging about the journey along the way - https://firstsnakejourney.wordpress.com