Not biopod... - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Habitat

Old 08-10-2018, 05:01 PM
Egg
Default Not biopod...

Hi - I'm a newbie at reptile/amphibian but a very experienced fish and aquatic plant guy (25yr experience). I want to try something different and like the idea of 30% aquarium 70% vivarium - like the newish biopod. I like the idea of biopod: it's modular, auto/remote control, clean looking (you can't see the bits that make it work) and it can house some fish, plants (immersed/emmersed) and some animal life. However the biopod reviews aren't great and some have commented that you could do better by building from your own component parts. What would be the top level shopping list of bits to make something with the look and functionality of the biopod? Habitat/tank, lights (proper plant lights), heating, temperature/humidity control, misting, waterfall, pump/filter system etc. Must have access for maintenance. Any help really appreciated! I realise there's probably not enough information about what I'm aiming for in this post - but it's a start. The reason I'm asking what might seem like a stupid question is that I don't yet fully understand reptile/amphibian needs. So if anyone answers it will also help my learning. Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement