Live Plant Stores - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Habitat

Old 05-05-2019, 06:19 PM
Egg
Default Live Plant Stores

Hi guys,

I’m new to the forums here so apologies if a thread like this already exists somewhere. I have a great nearly 1 year old Leo and I’m looking at upgrading him to a bigger Viv and want to go bioactive. Finding a wide range of reptile safe (pesticide free) live plants seems to be a little more difficult for arid species than I thought (want to add more than just succulents). I was wondering if anyone knows any good stores or hobbyists that sell live plants that I can check out? Would love to get the Vivarium going strong.
richardhind likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2019, 06:40 PM
Ultra Citizen

If you go to a decent garden centre then they should have a decent turnover of stock and shouldn't need to spray there plants, they may not be the cheapest but should have a good range, if you wait till the ihs Doncaster show in June, they normally have a good range too
Also depends where you live
I work at a large garden centre in Derby and we have a big houseplant range and very very rarely spray anything

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2019, 08:12 PM
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardhind View Post
If you go to a decent garden centre then they should have a decent turnover of stock and shouldn't need to spray there plants, they may not be the cheapest but should have a good range, if you wait till the ihs Doncaster show in June, they normally have a good range too
Also depends where you live
I work at a large garden centre in Derby and we have a big houseplant range and very very rarely spray anything

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
This is great, thanks for the info! Didn’t know that about garden centres but we have some good ones round here so definitely worth a look! Never been to any of the expo’s before but been having a look at dates and thinking of going to the one in June and seeing what’s there. Thanks again!