RSPCA left a card at my house - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > General > Hobby Issues & Information

Old 07-07-2016, 03:55 PM
Super Regular
Default RSPCA left a card at my house

Came home to a card saying I needed to ring the RSPCA urgently. I rang and the operator just took my details and said I'd have a call back off the inspector.
She was unaware of why the inspector called but said I'd be updated soon when I receive the phone call.

Anyone had any experience like this before? Just a bit worried about what will happen to be honest.

What type of thing will the inspector look for, what info should or shouldn't I give them?

Any help appreciated

Chris

Sent from my E2003 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2016, 04:01 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelshBeardie View Post
Came home to a card saying I needed to ring the RSPCA urgently. I rang and the operator just took my details and said I'd have a call back off the inspector.
She was unaware of why the inspector called but said I'd be updated soon when I receive the phone call.

Anyone had any experience like this before? Just a bit worried about what will happen to be honest.

What type of thing will the inspector look for, what info should or shouldn't I give them?

Any help appreciated

Chris

what pets you got ?
WelshBeardie likes this.

Old 07-07-2016, 04:05 PM
Super Regular

A beardie, chameleon, a few geckos, 6 snakes and a terrapin. Also have two axolotls.

C

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2016, 04:09 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
A beardie, chameleon, a few geckos, 6 snakes and a terrapin. Also have two axolotls.

C

as long as your setups are right for the reptile thats in it you be good
thing you need to know is you know more them most of the rspca inspectors when it comes to reptile

Old 07-07-2016, 04:17 PM
Super Regular

Cheers for the reply. Eased my mind a lot.
I missed off the bosc and water dragon from the list but they're all setup as they should be.

Will keep you updated

C

Old 07-07-2016, 08:55 PM
Premier Member

Just remember a few things.

1) The Rspca is just a charity. They have no enforcement powers. They cannot enter your home uninvited, search your property or seize anything.

2) Do NOT sign anything over, you will never see it again.

If you have nothing to hide, then being open is the best way, and use it as a way to educate the employee who attends (I refuse to call them inspectors, as this is a name they have used themselves)
Old 07-07-2016, 09:02 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:

Any help appreciated

Chris

I wonder if someone has just found out that you're keeping snakes , freaked out and then phoned the RSPCA and told them a pack of lies just to unsettle you ... Or have you fallen out with anyone recently or upset a workmate or neighbour !?!
Old 07-07-2016, 09:24 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian14 View Post
Just remember a few things.

1) The Rspca is just a charity. They have no enforcement powers. They cannot enter your home uninvited, search your property or seize anything.

2) Do NOT sign anything over, you will never see it again.

If you have nothing to hide, then being open is the best way, and use it as a way to educate the employee who attends (I refuse to call them inspectors, as this is a name they have used themselves)
this is good RSPCA worker had no enforcement powers there may try make you think there have but do not to seize the need a vet to sing it saying it not in good health and then the police to seize it for them
WelshBeardie likes this.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:49 PM
Super Regular

Thanks for all the advice guys. I've made sure they're all clean and setup correctly so got nothing to hide.

C

Old 07-07-2016, 10:20 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Thanks for all the advice guys. I've made sure they're all clean and setup correctly so got nothing to hide.

C

It sounds like some mischief maker to me ..