Moving abroad with your snake - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > General > Hobby Issues & Information

Old 26-08-2018, 05:38 PM
Egg
Question Moving abroad with your snake

Hi! Hope this is in the right forum, Iíve seen more people asking here about travelling/shipping.

I live abroad (Iím a student) and, while Iíll still be in Germany for at least 4 more years, itís very possible that at some point Iíll move again and go live somewhere else.
If I own a Ball Python and a car trip were not an option (maybe itís too far away or not reachable by car) how could I travel with my snake/send them to me safely?

Some options Iíve heard were:

1) ďTalk to a breeder close to you who is used to shipping animals, you can probably arrange for them to ship your snake to youĒ
Anyone knows of any breeders in Germany whoíd do that? Preferably close to Sachsen. I still donít know any... D:

2) Everyone in the US uses some service like ShipYourReptiles or FedEx and such... any equivalents in Europe?

Iím thinking itíd probably be a place within Europe, but Iíd love to have as much info as possible to be prepared!

I donít own any reptiles yet precisely because I want to get questions like this sorted out before getting a ball python (so no rush and nobody is in danger yet haha) But Iíd really like to have some answers ASAP ąą
Thanks for the insight!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 16-09-2018, 02:40 PM
Super Citizen

you could always try these
they will do everything from picking you animal up to getting the box or crate and do all the paper work that is needed for you

https://www.jamescargo.com/pets/index.php

Tags
moving , shipping , snakes , travel , travelling abroad