APA attack shows – again - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > General > Hobby Issues & Information

Old 17-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Premier Citizen
Default APA attack shows – again

The Animal Protection Agency is taking the opportunity to attack shows under the review by the Environmental Audit Committee of Wildlife Crime.

The APA submission can be viewed here.

If you are a keeper that breeds disposes of surplus animals at shows, advertises them on the internet or to dealers then you should take the time to read the submission and see if you agree with what they have to say. This is a government select committee that like all select committees is very influential.

REPTA/FBH has made a joint submission see here.

We shall in due course be submitting a corrective memorandum to that of the APA drawing the committee’s attention to some of the inaccurate and misleading information contained in their submission.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Gold Star Member

This post has just 34 views. Perhaps it should be duplicated in the snake, lizard and shelled section to further raise awareness, seeing as those sub forums are more popular than this one. Especially as you raise a very important issue.

Just a thought.
Old 18-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Premier Member
Reviews: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynki View Post
This post has just 34 views. Perhaps it should be duplicated in the snake, lizard and shelled section to further raise awareness, seeing as those sub forums are more popular than this one. Especially as you raise a very important issue.

Just a thought.
Aggreed, points like this need to be raised in locations of high traffic.

jay

Keeper of all things pygmy

Staffordshire Exotics Society
Last Sunday of the month
Come along if you are in the area
Next meetings 31st March and 28th April

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 18-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:

Just a thought.
I think you are absolutely right but when ever I have done so I get told off by the moderators and the post removed. Personally I think as many people as possible should know what is going on!
Old 18-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Newman View Post
I think you are absolutely right but when ever I have done so I get told off by the moderators and the post removed. Personally I think as many people as possible should know what is going on!
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...ml#post9793531

I'd like to see that change, but it's all upto the admin / mod team...
yellrat likes this.
Old 18-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
http://www.reptileforums.co.uk/forum...ml#post9793531

I'd like to see that change, but it's all upto the admin / mod team...
Your efforts are greatly appreciated, thank you….
Old 18-03-2012, 03:11 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Newman View Post
if thats the case its the mods and admins that need the telling off, any info like this needs to be passed on as much as possible!
pam b likes this.
Old 18-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood and guts View Post
if thats the case its the mods and admins that need the telling off, any info like this needs to be passed on as much as possible!
Whilst I absolutely agree with you there is a prevalence of “it will never happen” and this is all scaremongering [the exact purpose of the latter eludes me] Nevertheless the ostrich position is very popular!! Personally I don’t advocate this, if someone is going to insert something sharp up my posterior I think I would prefer to see it coming so I could brace myself rather than it coming as a complete shock! Then again perhaps that’s just me - now where is that bucket of sand!!!!!!!
Old 18-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Premier Citizen

mate you need to get the old cview forums going again, can do all the scare mungering you want then
Old 18-03-2012, 07:12 PM
Ultra Citizen

while we should ALL regard fair and humane treatment of animals as sacrosanct, we should nevertheless be wary of power hungry individuals who propose far-reaching,and draconian policy in order to achieve short term fame and influence within the framework of their own organisation,the inference from that should be obvious,ALL ideas are the original creation of an INDIVIDUAL MIND,the exposure of warped ambition and possible other hidden agendas from that source should be regarded as within the public interest to be exposed.

Tags
urgent