Reptile Forums banner

Leicester Reptile Meeting 22nd June 2013 (Boa's)

4K views 56 replies 18 participants last post by  acsnakes 
#1 ·
Hiya

The next reptile meet with reptiles will be in
the upstairs function room of The Prince of Wales, Coventry Road, Hinckley LE10 0JT on Saturday 22nd June 2013
starting at 7.30pm

A great chance to meet like-minded people and some lovely reptiles, so please show your support by coming along.

Here are the ground rules of the meet in order for the night to run smoothly.

It will be shown who is bringing what in a list on this thread that we will update as often as we can. It has been decided that this meet will be for , Boa's, Colubrid's and miscellaneous species as snakes go but of course non-snake species are most welcome. Unfortunately, the venue does not allow mammals (except the human variety of course!)

Anybody wishing to bring a reptile, please PM April Taylor, acsnakes or Multicorn with the details before 10AM on the Friday before the meeting so that we can book you in. This is terribly important for planning the evening properly.

You will not be able to just turn up with your reptile, you must have a PM from April Taylor, acsnakes or Multicorn to say you have been booked in. If we cannot get you booked into this meet you will be put at the top of the list for the following month.

Some of you may think that these rules are excessive and we are sorry if you feel that way, but you will not be able to bring reptiles to the meet if you are not prepared to follow these rules which are put in place for the safety of YOUR reptiles!!
  • The “Theme” of the night will be announced in advance. If the night features Pythons then Boas will not be allowed, and vice versa.
  • You must have owned the reptile for a minimum of six months to ensure that quarantine has been observed.
  • Reptiles that are ill/have been ill within the last six months will not be welcome.
  • If ANY reptile within your collection has had mites within the last six months, please do not ask to bring ANY of your collection (whether they are known to have had mites or not) to the meeting as they will not be welcome.
  • You are solely responsible for your reptile and all of its needs during the night, so please remember to bring your own secure container, heating equipment, hand gel and anything else you feel you will need.
  • Anybody turning up with an unannounced reptile will be asked to leave.
  • The sale of reptiles is not permitted at the reptile meeting.
Again we are sorry if you think these rules are harsh but we are thinking purely of the wellbeing of all of our reptiles.
See you there:2thumb:

See less See more
#3 ·
Booked in so far:

acsnakes: a few snakes
April Taylor: Western Hognose
benlambert: ATB, Rhino Rat, jungle BCI

:2thumb:

Reactions: April Taylor
#5 ·
Booked in so far:

adwraith: leopard gecko
multicorn: might bring something!!!!

#9 ·
having looked at the calendar it turns out i've agreed to do 3 things that night :bash: family event up north, friend moving to japan party in birmingham and this! so will have to confirm nearer the time whether i can come or not...and the day after the meet its donny so i'll see you all then anyway?unless i've got the date wrong for that too

don't celebrate too soon though you haven't got rid of me that easily! i'll still return for the meets if i can! :2thumb:

#10 ·
Booked in so far:

multicorn: might bring something!!!!
Crazeemaz: western hognoses

#15 ·
If the 6 months rule applies to spiders, I have a treat for you in November, April. I went to the bts show yesterday and came back with a lasiodora parahybana - or salmon pink birdeater. They look like this as adults:

Reactions: adwraith
#27 ·
Booked in so far:

multicorn: keeper corns
Jeffers: anaconda
Adam Wilford: common boa
Benji-le3: australian water dragon, Male ornate uromastyx, mali uromastyx, orange spotted agama, frillie :flrt:

Reactions: KatieKenny
#32 ·
Booked in so far:

multicorn: keeper corns
Jeffers: anaconda
Adam Wilford: common boa
Benji-le3: australian water dragon, Male ornate uromastyx, mali uromastyx, orange spotted agama, frillie
Sazzness: a snake or two

#39 ·
Hi James

Forgive me if we have actually spoken before, I do not recognise your user name. Are you a first time attendee? If so, we do ask that the first time you attend you come without any animals so that you can see the environment that you are bringing your animal into and can plan for its needs accordingly for the next meet.

We would love to meet you, and having looked at your photos I know there are loads of us that will love to meet your GTP too in time.

I hope you don't mind me saying this about coming snake-less first time around and we hope to see you there. : victory:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.