"The Herptile" must be thicker this month! - Page 3 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > FBH Affiliated Societies / Groups / Clubs > FBH Affiliated Societies > I.H.S

Old 11-08-2012, 11:24 AM
Ultra Citizen
Location: Fullers.... 'cos I'm definately not on this earth!!
Reviews: 4

Yep.... 110g... !

There's a fine line between a hobby and mental illness... I think I just crossed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McToons View Post
Yes it's true I read about this myself along with the picture it displayed...

It's being called the Giganticus bullicrapius.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 23-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Ultra Citizen
Location: Fullers.... 'cos I'm definately not on this earth!!
Reviews: 4

Alan Wilkie has today posted this message on the IHS website, so it would seem we have at last got our answer.... the Royal Mail is around £750 better off for using a machine to weigh and sticking a bloody sticker on to charge us an extra £1 'handling/admin' fee..... bet that covers both their expenses and their months holiday in August!!! (The bosses of course, not the workers)!!

Undelivered Herptile Written by The Editor Saturday, 04 August 2012 12:05 To all members:-
I have FINALLY had a response from Royal Mail! (Didn't take them too long in this age of digital technology only 19 days!!!)
Basically they are passing the buck!

Although our Membership Secretary Doreen, who is responsible for mailing out Newsletters and Herptiles had spoken with PO when purchasing stamps when the announcement of the increases was announced she was NOT informed of the changes in weight limits.
When I challenged Royal Mail today about this, I was told that 'it is the responsibility of the sender to ensure the correct postage is attached'. When I asked the question regarding weights and publication of the same, I was told 'it is published on our website'.
I went on to say that not everyone has access to the internet, a computer or is computer literate. I did not get a response other than ' I don't think Royal Mail can make any form of compensation to your members'. I further suggested that the £1 handling fee was extortionate and that Royal Mail had made approximately £750 from our members ! I was told 'that these are Royal Mail charges'.

So I guess folks that we are in the hands of our caring Royal Mail.

Be assured that we WILL NOT allow this to happen again and can only apologise for the inconvenience of your having to go to collect and to have to pay an additional fee to get your Herptile and Newsletter.
Last Updated ( Thursday, 23 August 2012 17:26 )Undelivered Herptile Written by The Editor Saturday, 04 August 2012 12:05 To all members:-
I have FINALLY had a response from Royal Mail! (Didn't take them too long in this age of digital technology only 19 days!!!)

Although our Membership Secretary Doreen, who is responsible for mailing out Newsletters and Herptiles had spoken with PO when purchasing stamps when the announcement of the increases was announced she was NOT informed of the changes in weight limits.
When I challenged Royal Mail today about this, I was told that 'it is the responsibility of the sender to ensure the correct postage is attached'. When I asked the question regarding weights and publication of the same, I was told 'it is published on our website'.
I went on to say that not everyone has access to the internet, a computer or is computer literate. I did not get a response other than ' I don't think Royal Mail can make any form of compensation to your members'. I further suggested that the £1 handling fee was extortionate and that Royal Mail had made approximately £750 from our members ! I was told 'that these are Royal Mail charges'.

Be assured that we WILL NOT allow this to happen again and can only apologise for the inconvenience of your having to go to collect and to have to pay an additional fee to get your Herptile and Newsletter.
Last Updated ( Thursday, 23 August 2012 17:26 )
To all members:-
When I challenged Royal Mail today about this, I was told that 'it is the responsibility of the sender to ensure the correct postage is attached'. When I asked the question regarding weights and publication of the same, I was told'it is published on our website'.
I went on to say that not everyone has access to the internet, a computer or is computer literate. I did not get a response other than' I don't think Royal Mail can make any form of compensation to your members'. I further suggested that the £1 handling fee was extortionate and that Royal Mail had made approximately £750 from our members ! I was told 'that these are Royal Mail charges'.

There's a fine line between a hobby and mental illness... I think I just crossed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McToons View Post
Yes it's true I read about this myself along with the picture it displayed...

It's being called the Giganticus bullicrapius.
Old 30-08-2012, 12:34 AM
Ultra Citizen

I have only just spotted this thread and was very miffed to pay for the envelope to be delivered. The £1 charge was disgusting. I did email the IHS at the time but received no reply.
Naultinus grayii
Uroplatus phantasticus
Lygodactylus williamsi
Correlophus (Rhacodactylus) ciliatus
Abronia Graminea Blue Eye

Abronia mixteca
Abronia taeniata
Goniurosaurus orientalis
Cyrtodactylus Elok
Aeluroscalabotes felinus & dorsalis
Cophotis ceylanica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 30-08-2012, 11:45 AM
FBH Liason

I believe we are experiencing some email related problems, and along with the new website this should be sorted soon - so my apologies for no reply.
Old 30-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-max View Post
I believe we are experiencing some email related problems, and along with the new website this should be sorted soon - so my apologies for no reply.
Thank you.
Naultinus grayii
Uroplatus phantasticus
Lygodactylus williamsi
Correlophus (Rhacodactylus) ciliatus
Abronia Graminea Blue Eye

Abronia mixteca
Abronia taeniata
Goniurosaurus orientalis
Cyrtodactylus Elok
Aeluroscalabotes felinus & dorsalis
Cophotis ceylanica