West Midlands and North Eastern Doncaster Breeders Meet - sponsored by Reptile One - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > FBH Affiliated Societies / Groups / Clubs > FBH Affiliated Societies > I.H.S

Old 14-08-2012, 11:40 AM
FBH Liason
Default West Midlands and North Eastern Doncaster Breeders Meet - sponsored by Reptile One

Both branches are to join forces in 2012 for a joint Breeders Meeting at Doncaster. It will be held at;

International Herpetological Society
Doncaster Racecourse
Leger way
Doncaster
DN2 6BB

It will be held on Sunday 18th November 2012.

Doncaster is geographically approximately half way between both branches so this venue makes a lot of sense.

Contact(s): IHS Events Organiser - Richard Brook :- 01274 548342 or e-mail :- [email protected]

The North Eastern Branch would like to thank the West Midlands branch for this kind offer, and are very proud that this historic link between the people involved in both branches is still strong enough after all these years to allow this to happen.

Reptile One will be sponsoring the show and will be in attendance througout the day with a large display of their huge range of herpetological products.
Janine00 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Premier Member

Awesome news about the change of venue. Exactly what are the plans? More space between tables or simply more tables? I never really had an issue with the "overcrowding". It's a big show so it's to be expected. That's not to say I wouldn't mind a bit more room to breathe haha.
Old 15-08-2012, 11:32 AM
FBH Liason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombo46 View Post
Awesome news about the change of venue. Exactly what are the plans? More space between tables or simply more tables? I never really had an issue with the "overcrowding". It's a big show so it's to be expected. That's not to say I wouldn't mind a bit more room to breathe haha.
Yes, things were getting to the point of being a little too over crowded werent they?!! The new venue is a much bigger event altogether and should provide a happy stable home for the Breeders Meeting for many years to come.

We have some new ideas, many will be announced shortly. Ultimately though the organisation of the show is down to Richard Brook, so Im not sure what the table plan will be - but I suspect there will be more room, but also more tables meaning more to see!

All very exciting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 15-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-max View Post
Yes, things were getting to the point of being a little too over crowded werent they?!! The new venue is a much bigger event altogether and should provide a happy stable home for the Breeders Meeting for many years to come.

We have some new ideas, many will be announced shortly. Ultimately though the organisation of the show is down to Richard Brook, so Im not sure what the table plan will be - but I suspect there will be more room, but also more tables meaning more to see!

All very exciting!
It's definitely a move in the right direction. I'm really looking forward to it. It's always been a nice central show but I know a lot of people who were put off by overcrowding etc. it was never a problem for me as I just got in early on my membership and blitzed the place before it got busy. Then went back in as it got a bit quieter!

I would imagine Doncaster racecourse being easier to deal with too, especially after recent events : /

I have to say though. I know during the whole court case thing the FBH/IHS covered their own court costs instead of claiming them from the other side. I don't know if the move is partly down to them refusing to sign another contract or not but if it is, what a crappy thing to do after forcing you to open a court case against them. Especially after you covered their costs.
Old 16-08-2012, 11:05 AM
FBH Liason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombo46 View Post
It's definitely a move in the right direction. I'm really looking forward to it. It's always been a nice central show but I know a lot of people who were put off by overcrowding etc. it was never a problem for me as I just got in early on my membership and blitzed the place before it got busy. Then went back in as it got a bit quieter!

I would imagine Doncaster racecourse being easier to deal with too, especially after recent events : /

I have to say though. I know during the whole court case thing the FBH/IHS covered their own court costs instead of claiming them from the other side. I don't know if the move is partly down to them refusing to sign another contract or not but if it is, what a crappy thing to do after forcing you to open a court case against them. Especially after you covered their costs.

Yes, many aspects have been a little tedious and stressful, but its onwards and upwards from now, we are concentrating on making the Society stronger and the Breeders Meetings an even bigger success for the future. Lots to do, with lots of very focussed people.

Tags
2012 , doncaster , herpetological , ihs , international , november , society