Herptile postage problems - update - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > FBH Affiliated Societies / Groups / Clubs > FBH Affiliated Societies > I.H.S

Old 24-08-2012, 11:32 AM
FBH Liason
Default Herptile postage problems - update

Alan Wilkie has aksed me to post this;

To all members:-
I have FINALLY had a response from Royal Mail! (Didn't take them too long in this age of digital technology only 19 days!!!)
Basically they are passing the buck!
Although our Membership Secretary Doreen, who is responsible for mailing out Newsletters and Herptiles had spoken with PO when purchasing stamps when the announcement of the increases was announced she was NOT informed of the changes in weight limits.
When I challenged Royal Mail today about this, I was told that 'it is the responsibility of the sender to ensure the correct postage is attached'. When I asked the question regarding weights and publication of the same, I was told'it is published on our website'.
I went on to say that not everyone has access to the internet, a computer or is computer literate. I did not get a response other than' I don't think Royal Mail can make any form of compensation to your members'. I further suggested that the £1 handling fee was extortionate and that Royal Mail had made approximately £750 from our members ! I was told 'that these are Royal Mail charges'.
So I guess folks that we are in the hands of our caring Royal Mail.
Be assured that we WILL NOT allow this to happen again and can only apologise for the inconvenience of your having to go to collect and to have to pay an additional fee to get your Herptile and Newsletter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
herptile , ihs