Membership card - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > FBH Affiliated Societies / Groups / Clubs > FBH Affiliated Societies > I.H.S

Old 20-12-2012, 09:32 AM
Super Citizen
Default Membership card

Hi,

quick question about the membership cards. I joined the IHS in september, if i remember rightly, and excuse me if this has already been asked but the membership card expires on the 31st of dec. Do you get a new card for next year? just wondering how it works.

Thanks
Tom

Old 26-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Premier Member
Reviews: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom495 View Post
Hi,

quick question about the membership cards. I joined the IHS in september, if i remember rightly, and excuse me if this has already been asked but the membership card expires on the 31st of dec. Do you get a new card for next year? just wondering how it works.

Thanks
Tom
Pretty sure you have to rejoin on 1st January. Bit like a fishing licence, regardless of when you bought it, it has a fixed expiration date.
Setting up an arboreal vivarium with pictures
PM me and i'll help if I can
Old 27-12-2012, 06:37 PM
Hatchling
Default IHS Membership Card

Hi Tom, since you've not had an 'official' response to your posting thought I'd better do it!
The society membership as has already been mentioned, runs from 1st January until 31st December. Membership cards are colour coded for the specific year and also, as you will see from yours has a sticker on the back with your details. When you renew your membership, you will be sent a replacement card for the current year.
The only difference to this, would be if you joined AFTER beginning of October and 'held over' your membership to begin on the 1st January of the following year.

Hope this helps (clear as mud I know, I'm the secretary and even I get lost with it!!!)
regards.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 28-12-2012, 06:44 PM
Super Citizen

hi, thanks for the responses, think i get it, so really the best time to do it is on the 1 st of jan or there abouts to get the most out of it.

Thanks again
Old 28-12-2012, 10:56 PM
Ultra Citizen
Location: Fullers.... 'cos I'm definately not on this earth!!
Reviews: 4

Hi Tom..... yes, thats right... best join earlier in the year then you get all newsletters and herptile journals as well as reduced entry to shows etc. A lot of people collect the journals over the years. I know I always enjoy reading mine..... J
stevenrudge likes this.

There's a fine line between a hobby and mental illness... I think I just crossed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McToons View Post
Yes it's true I read about this myself along with the picture it displayed...

It's being called the Giganticus bullicrapius.
Old 28-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janine00 View Post
Hi Tom..... yes, thats right... best join earlier in the year then you get all newsletters and herptile journals as well as reduced entry to shows etc. A lot of people collect the journals over the years. I know I always enjoy reading mine..... J

hi janine,

cheers for that. I know to renew my membership next week now otherwise i wouldnt have bothered and looked a bit silly using it at the shows

Thanks for everyones responses
Old 28-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Regular

How do i join?
CB08 Normal Royal Python Male, CB11 Het Clown Royal Python Male, CB09 Common Boa Male, CB?? Pair Of Jewelled Curly Tailed Lizards, CB09 Tokay Gecko Male, 2x CB10 Female tokay geckos, CB09 German Giant/Citrus Bearded Dragon Male, CB11 Bearded Dragon Male & Female, Various T's.

Tokay hatchlings for sale soon !!!!
Old 29-12-2012, 06:49 PM
RFUK Premium Membership
Location: N.Yorks - but only just ! - 2 miles from Lancs & 4 miles from Cumbria borders

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalqueen View Post
How do i join?

Go to the IHS website and follow the instructions. I usually pay by Paypal its easy.
royalqueen likes this.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:26 PM
Regular

Yay i joined via the website yesterday
CB08 Normal Royal Python Male, CB11 Het Clown Royal Python Male, CB09 Common Boa Male, CB?? Pair Of Jewelled Curly Tailed Lizards, CB09 Tokay Gecko Male, 2x CB10 Female tokay geckos, CB09 German Giant/Citrus Bearded Dragon Male, CB11 Bearded Dragon Male & Female, Various T's.

Tokay hatchlings for sale soon !!!!
Old 27-02-2013, 03:18 PM
Ultra Citizen

Hi, I joined last Thursday using the Paypal method on the website, just wondering when to expect the membership card and the other bits and bobs.

Thanks.