IHS East Lancs Branch - Initial Committee - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > FBH Affiliated Societies / Groups / Clubs > FBH Affiliated Societies > I.H.S

Old 03-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Gold Star Member
Send a message via MSN to Chance
Default IHS East Lancs Branch - Initial Committee

Hi All,

Having discussed this for a while we are going to open a branch of the IHS for the Wigan, Leigh, Atherton, Bolton and surrounding areas. This will be known as the East Lancs Branch (for the sake of not having an obscenely long name).

Due to it being the middle of the year we are looking to set up an initial committee which will then be voted on at the next AGM in April 2014.

The roles within the main initial committee are as follows:

Chairman
Secretary
Treasurer
Web Support
Speaker/Meeting Organiser
Others

Obviously the purpose of the committee is to ensure that the branch is run fairly and in accordance with the policies and Constitution of the IHS and Branch Constitution.

Some of the roles have already been filled (albeit a number of them temporarily)

Chairman - Rob Hudson
1a Stanley Street, Atherton, Manchester M46 0FB - [email protected] (07927350945)

Web Support - Leigh Sheldon
1a Stanley Street, Atherton, Manchester M46 0FB - [email protected] (07864985744)

The other roles are therefore available to full IHS members who wish to get involved. I will be taking on the role of secretary for now until someone is appointed. We may also have a treasurer lined up but I am waiting for a confirmation of this. Any interest in any of the roles is greatly appreciated.

The plan is, once a committee has been decided, to have an initial committee meeting and decide where/when the first branch meeting will be held.

As mentioned before the initial committee will hold the roles until they are voted at the AGM. We can't see why anyone would be likely to be voted out of their position so an initial committee place is pretty likely to be ongoing.

If you are interested please message me or text me/e-mail me.

Thanks in advance
Rob
al stotton and Janine00 like this.

Do You Want The Truth Or Something Beautiful?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2013, 02:21 PM
FBH Liason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Hi All,

Having discussed this for a while we are going to open a branch of the IHS for the Wigan, Leigh, Atherton, Bolton and surrounding areas. This will be known as the East Lancs Branch (for the sake of not having an obscenely long name).

Due to it being the middle of the year we are looking to set up an initial committee which will then be voted on at the next AGM in April 2014.

The roles within the main initial committee are as follows:

Chairman
Secretary
Treasurer
Web Support
Speaker/Meeting Organiser
Others

Obviously the purpose of the committee is to ensure that the branch is run fairly and in accordance with the policies and Constitution of the IHS and Branch Constitution.

Some of the roles have already been filled (albeit a number of them temporarily)

Chairman - Rob Hudson
1a Stanley Street, Atherton, Manchester M46 0FB - [email protected] (07927350945)

Web Support - Leigh Sheldon
1a Stanley Street, Atherton, Manchester M46 0FB - [email protected] (07864985744)

The other roles are therefore available to full IHS members who wish to get involved. I will be taking on the role of secretary for now until someone is appointed. We may also have a treasurer lined up but I am waiting for a confirmation of this. Any interest in any of the roles is greatly appreciated.

The plan is, once a committee has been decided, to have an initial committee meeting and decide where/when the first branch meeting will be held.

As mentioned before the initial committee will hold the roles until they are voted at the AGM. We can't see why anyone would be likely to be voted out of their position so an initial committee place is pretty likely to be ongoing.

If you are interested please message me or text me/e-mail me.

Thanks in advance
Rob
Good luck Rob! All looking good, its a huge catchment area so it could be in the running for one of the biggest branches! Looking forward to working with you and helping where I can.

Kevin
al stotton likes this.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:13 AM
Gold Star Member

This morning we have purchased the domain for our website so Leigh is beavering away building a website as we speak.
al stotton likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2013, 05:27 PM
FBH Liason

Quote:
This morning we have purchased the domain for our website so Leigh is beavering away building a website as we speak.
Speedy, you really mean business! I let main body committee know yesterday (that there was a new branch forming), just to keep you up to speed! Forward all the details to me as and when you know them. Thank you!
Chance likes this.
Old 07-07-2013, 12:13 PM
Gold Star Member

The website is presently being built.

A couple of updates on the committee and contact details!

Chairman - Rob Hudson (07927350945)
c/o 1a Stanley Street, Atherton, Manchester M46 0FB
[email protected]

Secretary - Me again - Get in touch if interested in this role
[email protected]

Treasurer - Al Stotton (07578265044)
[email protected]

Web Support - Leigh Sheldon (07864985744)
[email protected]

Other committee members are needed! We will be holding our first committee meeting soon to determine how we are moving forward and where/when the first Branch Meeting will be held!
Horny Toad and al stotton like this.

Old 20-07-2013, 09:06 PM
FBH Liason

How are things going?

I've had a busy week, many apologies but I forgot to send across the logo you requested. Alan Wilkie has sent me a converted file, now in .gif format. Hopefully this time this will work for you, but I am told it doesn't have a transparent background.

I'll send it to you next week once I'm back at work!
Old 21-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Gold Star Member

It's going fine thanks Kevin.

We are just sorting things out for our initial committee meeting and then will see about organising the first branch meeting.

Janine00 likes this.

Old 21-07-2013, 06:41 PM
FBH Liason

Quote:
It's going fine thanks Kevin.

We are just sorting things out for our initial committee meeting and then will see about organising the first branch meeting.

Great news! Look forward to an update so we can get an entry in the IHS newsletter!
Old 22-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Gold Star Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-max View Post
Great news! Look forward to an update so we can get an entry in the IHS newsletter!
Should hopefully be getting together with Al in the not too distant future (next week or so) and will come up with something then. Hopefully we will be ready to go soon. What's the cut off date for the next newsletter?

Cheers
Rob

Old 22-07-2013, 11:32 PM
Ultra Citizen
Location: Fullers.... 'cos I'm definately not on this earth!!
Reviews: 4

Think it generally tells you in the last newsletter... which I cannot lay my hands on at the minute!

There's a fine line between a hobby and mental illness... I think I just crossed it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McToons View Post
Yes it's true I read about this myself along with the picture it displayed...

It's being called the Giganticus bullicrapius.

Tags
bolton , ihs , lancs , manchester , wigan